1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Broken leg?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 31, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well played.

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm fully aware of this. Racing a healing tib/fib 22 days later is still mind-blowing, regardless of level of care that they have access to.

cav115 likes this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not enough money in this galaxy.

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

google translate from gaskrank.de:

How is Valentino Rossi following his motocross accident and the surgery? Finally, the MotoGP star announced the Yamaha team that he had already begun with a light physiotherapy, but should not be allowed to overthrow because his injury needed rest and time. Now the Italian 'MotoGP.com' gave an interview and revealed how his physical fitness was ordered and when he expected to be able to return. First, however, Rossi explains how the following accident could come. "I drove with my Enduro. My friends were also there to make a tour of the Hügellschaftschaft near Urbino. This is something I'm doing since I was 18, along with my father, for very, very long time, "the 38-year-old says. For him, the trip was nothing unusual, but it was the end of the trip. "In a downside, I was very slow, I met a stone. I lost control of the steering and held my foot out, not to overthrow. But it was downhill and the whole weight of the motorcycle shifted to my leg - and it broke, "Rossi looks back at the misfortune. At the same time, the right leg and the right leg of the calf were caught. In the following night, the Italian was successfully operated. Comeback in Aragon? "It will be very difficult." The leg, incidentally, which he broke in Mugello during the 2010 MotoGP training session - although he feels good overall, Rossi describes his current state of health. Much worse is his mental condition: "It is a big, big shame, because I not only lost the chance for the World Cup, but missed my home Grand Prix in Misano before all the fans. I have to apologize to my team. "Of course, the Yamaha driver, currently fourth in the world, wants to return as soon as possible. But Rossi knows from experience how long such an injury can be. Seven years ago, he had to pause three races. "In this phase you have to live from day to day," he says. "It depends on the leg and on the pain. We are working on an early comeback. The next race after Misano is Aragon, but that will be very difficult. "For the" doctor "would have to be fit again only 22 days after his accident. "This is only three weeks. We need double or at least 40 days. Last time I came back after 40 days. But this time the fracture is better, less painful. But it is still too early. If I can not make it in Aragon, I'll try it in Motegi, "Rossi promises. There are still six MotoGP races left. The fact that he is now criticized for his training methods is clear to the Italian. But he emphasizes: "We are motorcycle riders. The best training is to ride a motorcycle. Unfortunately, it is dangerous, sometimes more, sometimes less. It happened to me twice this year, even before Mugello. So we have to find another way. "The time will probably show how this should look. His MotoGP colleagues defended the private training.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still think the biggest issue he and guys like Spies have/had with injuries like that is the loss of muscle to drop weight to be faster.

Knotcher and terminus est like this.
  6. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

I guess you were right, at least for Aragon!

rocalotopus likes this.
  7. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

8. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Yamaha Movistar just announced on their Facebook page that Rossi was declared fit to race.

10. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

HE HAS RISEN!! :clap:

ALL MUST PRAISE HIS NAME!!! :bow:

scottn and Metalhead like this.
  11. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

That's insane.....3 weeks.....VR is not human!

Metalhead and JBall like this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

And he has access to hyperbaric chambers, a shitload of top level doctors and an unlimited budget. It's amazing what science and money can do these days. Of course, us mere peons will never get access to that kind of treatment...

JustaNobody likes this.
  13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Aaaaannnddd you take it over the top again....:Poke::D

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  14. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

They can heal AIDS??? Man that's AWESOME!!!!

Gorilla George and crashman like this.
  15. No way he will be anywhere near 100%...or even 75%.

I don't care what kind of treatments he has available, it still takes time for new callous to form and bond.

The only good thing is that atrophy will be minimal after only 3 weeks, so strength shouldn't be too much of an issue. But the bone hasn't healed.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Favre, Jordan, Gretzsky, Earnhart, Hetfield, Rossi.

Gods, all Gods.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That titanium rod is strong as fuck though...

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. Yep. But still not the same. Unfortunately I've got experience with shit being held together by Ti rods (2x collarbone, wrist, ankle). It "works", but it isn't the same...especially 3 weeks out.

He will probably have to be on some serious meds in order to race (pain).

19. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Amazed he is out there but not looking like a strong finish is imminent.

20. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Indeed, I get a cold and feel as if ebola has taken over.