MotoGP | Brno | Czech Republic | Aug 6, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 31, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I must be getting senile, that old age is kicking in.
    Yes, I just compared myself to Rossi. :D

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"Marc Marquez University is now in session. Students signed up for Wet Race Strategy 101, please report to room #93." :D

How the fuck has one of the most experienced GP racer in history still not learned that shit. The "not this shit again" look on the faces of people said it all. He recovered spectacularly, though. 4th is pretty impressive given the magnitude of the fuck up.

Poncharal, on the other hand, sounded like he should be put on suicide watch in his French TV interview. The team threw a sure podium away by screwing Folger. And like the boss said, it wasn't something you want to do in the middle of the negotiation with your main sponsor.

Iannone, what is there left to say? :D It's a damn good thing he did not take out one of his mechanics.

BigBird, turbulence and crashman like this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Just watched the Moto2 wet Sprint. Huge congrats to Joe Roberts for the top 10. How long will he be filling in?

turbulence likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The rest of the year, at least all the euro based races. It's not a fill in, it's his ride now.

5. I watched the MotoGP race in a bar at the beach in Spain. The bar was packed - even the local cops stopped their patrol to watch the race. Absolute silence the whole time. A couple of interesting things:

despite the all-Spanish podium, the Spanish fans were not thrilled. They applauded Marquez and Pedrosa, but they booed Vinales (and Rossi, of course).

Spanish TV coverage was awesome - no commercial interruptions, and the race caller was none other than Carlos Checa. Alberto Puig was one of the color commentators. Very exciting.

Several Spanish fans gave me a high-five as I was leaving :)

JJJerry and AJ like this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You don't get uninterrupted races in Germany?

7. No idea. When I'm at home I use my motogp.com subscription. Never watched EuroSport 2.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It was nuts watching him with fastest lap of the race multiple times while back in 17th.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

MotoGP is commercial-free on Eurosport over here. They run commercials during WSBK and BSB, though.

10. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Was any one else's live feed on motogp.com grainy for the last 10 laps? The last few races have gone from good video clarity at the begining to grainy during the race for me. Not sure if it's every where or just my ISP.

turbulence likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

It seems to me that in those conditions they should just delay the start 15 minutes.

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Just watched the race. Jesus Christ! WTF was up with Ducati. Once the race starts their only job is to make sure the backup bike is ready to go and they fucked that up. If I was team boss someone would be committing seppuku with a camshaft in the middle of the garage...
    As others have said, colossal fuckup by Team GOAT but nice recovery.

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

yep.. and i've got gigabit internet.

rossi... fuck man... it's almost predictable at this point. he's just not learning from his mistakes and i don't understand why.

and hell yeah Joe Roberts! what's that they say about riding in the rain? it shows riding talent and negates bike advantages. good stuff. hopefully the more time he gets with the bike he can make dry progress. :flag::flag:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The TV window rules all....

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Fact. The Man With The Orange Sleeve runs the NFL.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why delay if there is a flag-to-flag rule? :confused:

pscook likes this.
  17. I have Eurosport in the US and it's commercial free, expensive but commercial free :)

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

+1

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Was that Iannone's fault though? It looked like Aprilia released Thier riders in front of Iannone and he grabbed a handful of front brake on wet pitlane.

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Their backup bikes were prepared for worse weather apparently. Had to change more stuff from what I gathered. Unfortunately can't have 3 bikes on standby...