For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Your posts are always so intelligent and well thought out, so if it isn't too much trouble, would you please enlighten me on why you believe police officer training is sufficient for every single public disturbance or threat that isn't a fire or medical issue?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Instead, perhaps, you should tell us how exactly you'd change the training to adequately address these immeasurable variations between incidents a law enforcement officer is called on to respond to.

We'll wait.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You mean like you trying to convey an intelligent post on the BBS?

5. pickled egg

When did he try to do that? :confused:

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I did use the word try...

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No training is sufficient for every situation for any activity.

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love it. They were just having a party on a hot summer night. Leave the damn kids alone and they wont throw shit at your dumbass.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, and we know that you've enjoyed it. :beer:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CNN only admits it when they're truly called out on it. Plenty of examples out there of issues they're totally ignoring.

What lies - please be specific and no campaign promises as we all know those aren't going to all come true - has Trump told so far?

11. Chino52405

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

We are using the word “lie” deliberately. Not every falsehood is deliberate on Trump's part. But it would be the height of naïveté to imagine he is merely making honest mistakes. He is lying.

The list above uses the conservative standard of demonstrably false statements. By that standard, Trump told a public lie on at least 20 of his first 40 days as president. But based on a broader standard — one that includes his many misleading statements (like exaggerating military spending in the Middle East) — Trump achieved something remarkable: He said something untrue, in public, every day for the first 40 days of his presidency. The streak didn’t end until March 1.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, they hit number three and were absolutely wrong. There were, are, and will be proven illegal votes. Did they matter? Dunno. As many as he said? Dunno. But if they're calling out someone for lying they shouldn't do so themselves, can't believe anything in their op ed piece sorry.

Got anything factual?

And seriously? Number two? He was on the cover 11 times and thought it was 13 or 14 - wouldn't call that a lie, he obviously in their own quote didn't know how many times exactly. As for the rest he never stated a fact, just that he thought he had a record, he was wrong in that, not lying.

You really are taking that list as being true? I can't stop laughing 3 items in it's so ridiculous.

FWIW - I was actually asking out of curiosity and not as some excuse to defend Trump. I'm sure he's lied, I was wondering about what other than his normal bluster bullshit. Seems like the NYT doesn't know either.

badmoon692008 and kangasj like this.
  13. Chino52405

I wouldn't so much change the training as I would seek to change the idea that an armed police officer is always the best answer to both "protect and serve". For one, assign mental health professionals as partners based on the dept's % of calls dealing with mental health and distressed and non violent individuals. I also believe these mental health partners could be a helpful assist to officers on many domestic calls that would honestly drive anyone insane. Also, utilize police officers to help other city functions deal with homelessness (and the mental health and substance abuse issues that go hand in hand) rather than officers being the frontlines and police holding cells being a next best choice when shelters fill.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What "mental health partners" are you imagining exactly?

Psychiatrists? Social workers? Trained ward orderlies?

I've worked with all of them. Guess who gets called for an out of control mental patient by all the mental health professionals...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  15. Chino52405

NTY: There's no evidence of illegal voting.
    Mongo: and will be proven illegal votes.

Until your "will be proven" part comes true and it falls within Trump's "I know" boast of 3-5 Million - your statement and the NYT statement mean exactly the same thing.

16. Chino52405

And I was married to a PsyD for 16 years...the two need to work together - its currently only a one way street as you pointed out.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Today, or maybe yesterday, Trump said that he had signed more bills than any President before him in the number of days that he's been in office. That was either a deliberate lie or simply an inadvertent falsehood because he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. I really think that he pops off and makes statements without actually knowing if the statements is accurate. He is, in fact, one of the most spontaneous people in public life it appears. I wish he would cool his jets a bit. These little falsehoods costs him credibility and he needs all that he can get.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

Meanwhile, back on planet earth where the most dangerous situation for an officer is a domestic abuse call...

Thanks, but if I were a flatfooted jackbooted ticket writing tax fed thug, the last thing in the world I'd want riding shotgun is some mamby pamby therapist

19. pickled egg

Would your wife take a $55k/yr job as a rolling pain in the ass in a squad car?

Yeah. Didn't think so.

20. Chino52405

Congrats on proving the hammer for every job analogy for me.