1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tedeschi Trucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 28, 2017.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Prolly has the best band now they've ever had. Fkn killin it.

V5 Racer, Stumpy and terminus est like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I saw em on Austin City Limits a few weeks ago and it was a great show!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This like one of those monster truck shows? Grave digger and big feet and shit?

418 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Couple white people and a brass band and a choir basically.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

They definitely deliver the onions.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I need to see them. A lot of good slide players out there, but Derek is the class of the field.

noles19 likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Must be 12 or 13 people in this band. I should walk onstage for a head count. (Actually I wish they'd wrap this up so I can go home.)

9. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Fucking awesome band. About the only thing that comes close to watching the Alamond brothers play for 3 hours in the middle of that state fair race track.

terminus est likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So, it's not a big feet truck squishing cars but a band?

11. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Saw them with Widespread Panic last year. At the encore Susan and Derek came out and jammed some. Susan is an incredible guitar player, like an old blues guy. Made Derek and Jimmy Herring sound like a couple of wankers. Tedeschi Trucks is legit, for real music.

Scotty87 likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How do they smell?

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Derek is a cool mofo. That is all.

noles19 likes this.
  14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I saw them opening for Jeff Beck about 6 years ago. Susan's a local girl, grew up about 4 towns away from me. She's part of the Tedeschi supermarket chain family. (They sold the entire chain to Stop and Shop, then a whole slew of Angelo's supermarkets sprung up at the end of the five year no competition clause.) The old man built an exact replica of Tara from Gone With the Wind in Norwell the you could see from Route 3 driving north in the North River valley.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Susan came out during load in and hung with us. Derek hung with us after the show.

Undisclosed individuals may or may not have blazed in the parking lot post show.

Lol rock n roll.

16. The bass player for Tedeschi-Trucks, Tim Lefebvre, is yet another fantastic musician whose career was kickstarted by playing with guitar pioneer Wayne Krantz.

17. Dits

Let's not get all carried away.

RM Racing likes this.
  18. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

He interupted her solo and she gave him the stink eye onstage! Stepped all over her solo because she has SPACE between her notes. If anything he made himself sound wankish taking off when she wasn't finished. You could tell Jimmy was embarrassed, but if that aint wanking what is it? Musician rule #1 fucking listen.

19. Dits

Sounds like two styles conflicting. Jimmy plays non-stop flow. Susan with pauses. Probably some confusion. It happens. Especially on live collaborations.

I'm a huge WSMFP fan though. I may be biased. ;)

20. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

It totally was an honest mistake, he flows in and out if different modes I can't keep up with what he is doing, she plays with pure soul, she was sort of laughing and teasing him like 'hello, it's my turn' and Jimmy was totally embarrassed, like ashamed.
    I need to hit up Sloss festival this year, get my panic fix etc, been a minute since I've been to a festival anyhow. Saw Primus on Tuesday, they stretch out some and get into some great jams. That'll hold me over until Widespread. Tedeschi Trucks is the shit though, everyone should check them out.