WSBK 2017 | Round 3 | Pirelli Aragón | 31 Mar - 02 Apr

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 31, 2017.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

The thing is I don't even think it's a power issue anymore.

You can see Chad having to take much wider arcing lines and not being able to get off the corner as well. And the Kawasaki looks much more stable.

vizsladog and throwdown like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Made in Italy.

3. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

You're definitely right, down that long back straight, Rea could barely close on him with the draft it seemed.

4. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yo, where have all the Marco Melandri haters and detractors gone?

This is something I love about racing. Success takes the right combination of rider, bike and team. So no matter what some guy at a keyboard writes bashing a rider who has had success in world championship racing, there's always the possibility that somebody will put together the right combination and the guy starts getting it done again.

I don't know Melandri personally, but for keyboard prognosticators who wrote him off: GO MARCO!

03RumbleBee, Odilup and vizsladog like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm right here but I didn't catch the race. :D I did say he'll win races this year and never said he couldn't race and win. Just that I don't like him.

418 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup. Don't think anybody doubts his ability, it's more his character and his ability to destroy teams. :D

I am impressed how quickly he's up to speed.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quite a few people were questioning why he was getting that ride. That's a direct indictment of his ability. :Poke:

But yeah, he does to race teams what Terrel Owens did to NFL locker rooms. :D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  8. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I agree. Im just glad Marco didnt have a bum wrist and tell everyone it was 100% and have a team put a bunch of money and resources behind him only to find out he couldnt even twist a throttle. That would have sucked.

John29 likes this.
  9. caferace

caferace No.

Livengood is plenty busy. :D

-jim

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

It's more like Chaz needed that extra practice session to dial in the bike on worn tires. The Panigale had no problems in sector 3 where he consistently destroyed the Kawi. Rea said as much in his post race interview.

11. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think Rea is dominating? Best rider in the paddock or best bike? Or both? Clearly the Ducati is able to challenge for the lead but this is shaping up to be another Rea win already...

12. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Best combination of the two perhaps? It was a good race. Glad Chaz is ok.

13. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Chaz won more races last year and won all but one race after the summer break. Other riders need to step up and challenge both Rea and Davies. And Davies needs to stop crashing in the first few races of the season.

14. 418

418 Expert #59

You're kidding right?

Dude has won 5 out of 5 races so far this year.

masshole likes this.
  15. EngineNoO9

Yeah but last year is just that, last year. I think Chaz may has a good chance to win tomorrow but he's playing catch up already. Gonna be hard to win.

I think it's hard for me to say skill wise that Rea is the best rider. I think he's at his prime on the best bike. Ducati is probably second best with the Yamaha 3rd. Honda seems to be the laughing stock. I remember when the Kawasaki couldn't win anything!

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes. He should be in Motogp but there are too many brits there so he never really got the chance. Best rider in the world outside of motogp.

BHP41 likes this.
  17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

What are you arguing? That 5 of 5 isn't dominating?

18. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

The Ducati is fast. I was surprised how it jumped off the corner and out drove the Kawi down the back straight. I think Rea is full of confidence tho and you can't forget he made the Hondr look way better than it ever was. I guess he really developed as a rider trying to be competitive on the POS.

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Reading comprehension. I need it.

The way I read his comment I thought he was asking why people think Rea was dominating, as if he was doubting it.

Move along. Nothing to see. Been a long ass day.

John29 and turbulence like this.
  20. EngineNoO9

Reading it over I can see how you read it that way. I firmly believe Rea is dominating.