Irrational Car Purchases

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 17, 2016.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

One NEVER pays anything close to MSRP on a FCA product. I'm sure that you can get between 5-15K off the bat. Truecar is a good indicator of where to start negotiations

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

'bird, stupid VW is offering 0.9% for 60 on the GTI. :mad:

I'd have to park it on the road, dig it out when it snows, insure it, pay PPT on it. . . blah blah blah.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm picking my one up on Wednesday...when are you getting yours? :D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ckin' never. I'm poor and shit.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

being poor and shit never stopped anyone :D

XFBO likes this.
  6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

'Merican way. eyeball deep in debt and still shopping.

XFBO, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Toy cars are fun!! :D

Attached Files:

• z4_2.jpg
      z4_2.jpg
      File size:
      433.7 KB
      Views:
    XFBO and BigBird like this.
  8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I know what doesn't look bland, a P1 :clap:

9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Agreed, but money is barely 570s , hell, I only know one person with P1 money and he doesn't give a damn about cars.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you know if they will be bringing the 540 to the US?

11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I believe so, $165k which is interesting because I think that will drive the slightly used 570s into my budget.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

@XFBO i stopped by the RAM dealership (not end of the year, granted) and asked what they'd offer me.

since they had no ED on the lot, we could only look at factory builds and they said they'd prolly be able to knock 7-10k off, depending on trim.

i'd have ended up at around 45k, but that was still 13 k above the '15 with 11k miles. i suggest you talk to them mid-december. they should be pretty motivated then. but i assume you figured that already anyways.

BigBird and XFBO like this.
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thank you sir! I may very well take that advice, like I may have already mentioned...I REALLY should wait til after our big move for this purchase anyhow....but damn would it come in handy for the move too! :D

I made the mistake of following BB's advice and went on that damned TrueCar site, now my freaking phone is ringing off the hook! :mad: :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I found a new, still with the shipping stickers and plastic on the interior 2017 Autobahn for almost $7000 off. :mad:

I'm poor!!!! and it's the wrong color, I want a white one.

15. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

So is the 2017 new in any way? If I looked at used models, which ones would be similar to the new one?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tiny things that I didn't care about but you do want a mark 7. They are showing the 2018 mark 7.5.

17. Bought a brand new Jeep a couple years ago, brought it home, straight on jack stands for lift, control arms, gearing, etc. had 280 miles on it when I arrived at Uwharie National Forest it it was climbing up rocks.

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

That was the biggest mistake I made. The price on there was no where near accurate and I was being called constantly.

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

The one at Hudson Bros? I want that so badly, but cant seem to pull the trigger on it. If it were white, I wouldve already picked it up!

20. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing conflicting information about model years. 2013 or 2015 and newer?