2017 MotoGP Valencia Test

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Nov 14, 2016.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I came here to post this picture! Yo 'Toe, how are you feeling about AI on that bike? I think he's going to surprise a lot of us next year, especially if Suzuki keeps the development going in the right direction. Fantastic move by Brivio and Suzuki management.

Attached Files:

• AI29.png
      AI29.png
      File size:
      527.3 KB
      Views:
    Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

The shot of it shown a little later from a rear angle was sweet as well.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

No one is comparing Lorenzo's Ducati to Rossi's Ducati. :(

The point was that both iterations of the machine won races the year prior to them throwing a leg over their respective new steed. I want to say no one is stupid enough to think that the bike Rossi was on was as good or better than the current Ducati, but this is the Beeb. :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Iannone is a crasher. I expect he'll keep crashing. I may go ahead and start a crash count for him. Absolutely gutted for Rins. Aoyama never fully recovered from his back injury imo. I'm afraid for the kid. :(

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

ok he won. the end lol
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (19) (600 x 337).jpg

BigBird likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah got ya. And agreed :D

7. caferace

caferace No.

At the end of the 10 minute practice start session, MM93 was the last bike to test and circulate one last time. Coming back into the pits, he nearly dumped it. Glad he didn't, but certainly a "moment". :D

-jim

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mav is gonna bitchslap Marc so badly this season I can see his dad throwing fits in the garage already.

418 and Ra.Ge. Raptor like this.
  9. Ra.Ge. Raptor

I really hope that he gets his act together!
    as for Rins it's said that he'll be off for a month or so

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I'm not so sure, Honder may get the RCV to hook ups out of corners and if Yamaha can't find a way to make more power, it could be a long season for the rest.

Plus your predictions haven't been the best lately. :Poke::D

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I haven't seen the Ring crash. I did think that when AI broke his back earlier this year it was the third rider to do so wearing the D-Air system. Not knocking it, just seems odd. Does it replace the standard back protector by using D-Air?

12. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Zarco and Folger had impressive times too!!

cajun636 likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah each system seems to focus on something the other one doesn't

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did I miss it or is no one here talking about Marquez attempting to dirt-track his way out of the gravel trap, after already defying the laws of physics going in? Physics had enough. :crackup:

Happened with 5H15 left on the clock, for those who want to look for it.

418 and The Great One like this.
  15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

he gave it a handful while still in the gravel trap.

16. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

For some reason when I read the first three words I thought this is where you were going and I have no idea why.

BigBird and masshole like this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

IMG_2287.JPG

18. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Geez, you guys draw some pretty interesting conclusions from something of little relevance. Rins reportedly suffered compression fractures to two vertebrae.

As it sounds, a compression fracture is caused when a vertebra is...wait for it....compressed!

[​IMG]

An airbag suit isn't going to do a damn thing for you when the laws of physics take over. Also, we routinely see race weekends with 50+ crashes in which the overwhelming majority end with the rider standing up and walking away with nothing more than bruises to the ego. At some point, injuries are going to occur.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

he seemed a bit overconfident post-gravel-apex :crackup:

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ra.Ge. Raptor and BigBird like this.