Official 2016 GNF thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Just run a sbk that looks SS in SS classes and if you get protested, just pull yourself out, make a stupid excuse as to why you cheated, then make a douchey apology on the beeb! It will all be forgotten in about 12 days. At least that's how it's happened in the past. :D

Phl218 and Kris87 like this.
  2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Oh yeah, use dot tires too so it really looks the part! Haha!

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Or the hell with it..Just run the race and be honest and DQ yourself on hot pit after the race. Seat time is seat time. :D

4. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

You could have proved they were cheating and by your own admission, chose not to. Everything else is just excuses.
    I don't know you but it seems like everyone else does and they respect your experience so you must know what a slippery slope it is to tear down guys every time someone thinks they are being beaten by a cheater bike? That is exactly why the protest rules are the way they are. Yamaha was there to showcase the R3 as a racing platform and not to get into a pissing contest with the guys who didn't win. Unless you race an unlimited class, you can always be accused of cheating in some form or fashion so "properly regulated" will always come into question for some people. I'm curious how happy the top five would have been to carry engines home in pieces because they were torn down to the crank without a protest?

I ask the group this next question. What is the performance difference between a 140lb rider and a 170lb rider on a low HP bike? .5 seconds a lap? Would the lighter guy get a better drive and have more acceleration out of a corner and down a straight? Would that same smaller guy be more aerodynamic and therefore have a higher top speed down a straight even if its 1-2 mph faster? Will a small guy already getting a better drive and already running a few more mph down the straight be able to draft a larger guy pretty easy in the low HP classes?

bakaboy and obcbr like this.
  5. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

The best was when we raced the Ducatis back in the day. One was obviously not legal for lwtsbk as they were limited to ss. 9mil nipped one in the bud just before a race. GNF, maybe? "If that thing is in the race, we're going to be seeing inside it as soon as it's over." Pretty sure it didn't and we never got to. :D

BigBird, Kris87 and SmokeSignalRT like this.
  6. Venom51

The lower the HP the more everything matters. Total weight of the package, gearing, rider size, ability to tuck in, brake drag and a dozen other details. Everything adds up. But then you still have to put a rider on top that can get the most out of that.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

As long as there's a rulebook, there's going to be someone who isn't happy.

I got DQ'd from the ASRA Thunderbike race at Daytona because my VIN was powder coated over. I checked the results, I was on there, then went back to racing my other races. Didn't find out about it until later in the day, I complained and ASRA stuck to their guns.

Then they come to me at 4 PM and say if you take the front end apart, grind off the paint and show us the VIN we'll put you back on the results. Thanks, but no thanks.

Racing is my fun time, I'm not going to ruin it with drama. It's hard when you put a lot of work into your bike, your riding, etc. but at the end of the day, most of us are here for fun.

The results are just a piece of paper. I got to get my pics taken, get interviewed by Swarts, etc. That is enough for me.

This off season I'll get the angle grinder out and uncover the damn VIN.

BigBird likes this.
  8. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

We'll fuck of coarse I could

Me in general, I'd been happy! My shit isn't touched from the factory! It was a piss poor teardown and the fact wera didn't regulate with a proper technician is substantial decision. Who cares if it's a Yamaha promotion, still wera rules and regulations.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I understand where you are coming from. In karting, at club races top 3 guys went into tech area, and they randomly determined what was tech'd that weekend. Carb inlet, pipe outlet, head cc's, down to the crank, etc. Plus, you could still get protested.

That was for a trophy or club championship, not a $5k motorcycle. I don't know what the other prizes were at the GNF's, but there was obviously a bunch on the line.

10. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

you need to slow down as you reply. Lol. :eek:

Cam Morehead likes this.
  11. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

wow............another GNF, another batch of drama. Glad to see things never change. :D

cajun636 and Cam Morehead like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Drama Aside, I had a damn blast all weekend!
    The weather was perfect, the people were awesome and I finally started riding the way I want to. 5 races 4 2nds and 1 3rd
    Thanks to stickboy, Russell and Mike for the constant advice including telling me to just go ride the bike.:crackup:
    And I didn't get beat by any of the kids so that's a plus!

BigBird, cajun636, rk97 and 5 others like this.
  13. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Man...
    How about you ride a motorcycle with me once in your life time!

14. Venom51

Even if it did chatter he would ignore it or just not hit the brakes next time. He's odd like that. :D

V5 Racer and Canadian Bacon like this.
  15. So now he has cheater brakes too? Cheater tires and suspension? A reckless style ignoring chatter? Cobb is out of control and must be stopped. Someone get to the Batphone and signal MadBrad as Cobbs mortard dominance must be stopped at once :)

16. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Fred earned my respect when he showed up to race a bike with a boat paddle for a seat... Jed is good peeps....

17. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Yup I am the asshole told you that would come out! Sean you said the line and cup had to be oem Prior to the gnf! You CAN mount the stock line and cup to aftermarket rearsets Jackson was and Jovi was. You radioed down and said per rules could not be changed! ED asked so they are out YOUR Reply was yes...I was standing next to ED Chicken shit I agree and as I said in the present of all involved But RULES are rules did it make a shit differance no. Josh rode his butt off just like all the others and for the record was very happy with 3rd.

Parish lets set some thing straight:
    1: I was the one bitching to tear top 10 down to the crankshaft
    2: I begged Ed to seal engines and report straight to garage after race ( I was at pit in)
    3: I talked to Sublet about tear downs on Friday
    4. I left tear down Just as disgusted as you because of the lack of leadership
    5: I asked ED are we done he said yes so I left
    6: Jovi's dad is and will always be a loud mouth has been since birth I think if he owes you money ask him about it
    7: I will tear josh's bike down in ft of of you I have done everything per the rules.
    8 We had old tires on the bike for a big race due to short funds not the smartest thing I agree so he was sliding more than he should.
    9 saw you do some swerving in other races too
    10 flicking riders off for passing you real smooth guy saw that many times one the ft straight...guess Sean had his glasses off
    11 I am good with finishing 3rd NOT a sore loser just was told we had to have parts on the bike that others did not have so I pointed it out! Sean agreed so that was that... what happen after WE LEFT was what pissed me off
    12 MY pointing out what was missing would have HELPED your finishing postion too

Josh's bike is legal per the rules. all I have done is mill the head legal for 2015 model bike aftermarket base gasket exhaust system/power commander/K&N air filter/ no slotted cam sprockets /no valve job/stock as when the factory made it/I did remove all the smog junk I moved the harness under the tank Had a aftermarkert rear shock /Andrenni fork cartridges /had the factory recall done for the oil pump and clutch bearing///I will go on record as for building engines for a living however there will be other builders that race in the same class as you make way more hp than my supersport engines.
    I admire you as a good rider and was on the pit wall watching your other races and gave you props for doing well.
    The KTM was a piece of shit....Josh hated it I hated it Garrett hated it...how many in the top running in the class were caught for having built suspentions?

TLR67 likes this.
  18. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It isn't always that simple, when I was racing my 400 I was easily 30-40 lbs heavier than the guys I was racing and beating, and if their dyno sheets were accurate I was down 8-10 Hp as well. Yet I'd pull them out of corners because I was on the gas way sooner, that meant I was carrying more speed all the way to the next corner as well. According to them I had to be making 80+ Hp instead of 70. :)

19. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That's what I used to do, trailing the brakes in the front would start to chatter, let go of the brakes and sail on in, really helped increase my corner speed. :)

20. Venom51

It would be massively interesting to put data collection on the bikes of a single class and then revue it when the accusations of cheating get started. I'm sure there would a lot of disappointed people when the reality of what is really happening on track doesn't lineup with what they have convinced themselves is happening on track.