1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wallets

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 24, 2016.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Big Skinny leather bifold with divider. I keep 'merican money on one side, foreign on the other. About 6-7 years old and still brand new condition. Hate fat wallets. Happy with this skinny one.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I'm still in the 80's.... Quicksilver Velcro....

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you implying that my loaded wallet slows me down at the checkout? Because it does not. It may be large, but it's organized and optimized for speed and ease of use. Most times I'm waiting on the cashier.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those new chipped cards are worse than the check writing old f@cks.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Why on earth would you keep a SS card in there? Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no way, nor any need in my eyes, to have that on you on a regular basis. Am I wrong in my thinking that it's just trouble waiting to happen?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, you're right. Try and never carry your SSN card. Just don't.

7. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

I have one of these. I's so-so. Service from SlimTech is abysmal. I may replace it with something similar but from a company that actually gives a shit.

[​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Unless your junk it putting out an electronic signal of some sort the RFID won't react to it :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've had that too over the years, that's why I really like the one I have.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wish I could carry that little.

Have debit, personal credit, 2 wera credit, license, carry permit, insurance cards - health, auto, bike. That's the minimum. When on the road which is almost always I also need fuel card, if flying the membership card for the parking lot - and have to carry the slip to get out and the one with the spot on it until I get back. And cash.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Being able to do pre check without taking out the wallet is why I don't carry the metal credit card bottle opener I have :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I keep an eye on the deals page :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what my knife is for and goes in the dopp kit.

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Mine is similar but different brand and it uses elastic bands. I went minimal years ago and never looked back. Only carry what is absolutely necessary which is very little. I carry one key...truck key only. I put electronic locks on the house so I use a keypad to get in.

And a SS card...oh hell no, why would you carry that? ryoung57...holy cow man that gives me a headache to just think about carrying all that stuff around. You carry a checkbook too? I've written maybe one check this year.

JBarx likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

<my daily rant>
    Oh for the love of Pete. It's a wallet. It's not an emergency toolkit or an accessory to my phone's armor. In fact, if it were part of my phone's daily dress, it's likely that I'd throw it against a wall and then into the river as I pretty much just want a phone, not a pocket size computer with a calling capability. Attaching my ID and money to it won't prevent me from being pissed enough to wing that thing into the never-never.

On the off occasion that I wear more refined clothing, yeah, I have a nice leather bill/card holder that slips into an inside breast pocket. Otherwise, it's the same old nylon/velcro trifold I've been carrying for, what, twenty years? Holds hundreds in cash and as many as eight cards or more...that's all the cards I'd carry at any given time, sometimes less...and slim enough I don't know it's in a pocket.
    What more does it need to do? You people have some fucked up priorities.
    Fashion statement? Pfft. Yeah, combat boots, tie-dye and cargo pants. Functional, rugged, don't give a shit if I fuck 'em up. Did I say twenty years? No leather wallet has ever done me better than a few years.

Y'all have all gone Kardashian lame..."Does this wallet make my ass look fat?"
    No, your ass is just fat...and stupid.
    </rant>

:D

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Greenhound386 likes this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I honestly don't know. It seemed like I needed it for something at one point, stuck it in there, then it stayed.

I'm using this thread as an excuse to pare it down. I only write checks from my desk, so the checkbook and register can stay here. I only use a couple of cc's, so there's no need to carry all the rest. Really just need my license, dot card, insurance, debit, cc, cash. I think I'll get one of those clips and go front pocket.

blkduc likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

May be overkill, but we actually keep ours in a safe.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So when's the murse fight? Surely one of you girly men (Steeltoe) can start a fight over front pocket/back pocket or some shit. Jesus. Worst thread ever.