1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wallets

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Far right 52/N #107.
    No cigarettes.
    Holds 6 bills folded 2x, Driver's license and 2x credit cards.

[​IMG]

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, if my wallet needs a service company, I've clearly got the wrong wallet.

R Acree and Scotty87 like this.
  3. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

OK. We'll do this the hard way.

I didn't buy it, my GF at the time did... and it took almost 3 months to get it. I thought it was a fluke and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and ordered the center bar to hold bills separately, and never got it. Emails went into the abyss.

That's what I am talking about by "service". Perhaps there is a more appropriate nomenclature but that's the best I had at the time.

4. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Saddleback front pocket wallet for me. First one lasted 7 years, still was perfect when I got pick-pocketed. On my second one now and I expect it to last forever.

With their wallets and belts, those are two items I don't expect to purchase again; amazing products.

Sadly with the pick-pocketing, I got all of the cards back, bastard kept the wallet :/

lazlo likes this.
  5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Dunno. Never lost one to customs.
    After people on here got paranoid about TSA taking it I checked to see what their website had about that and also saw that policy.
    Friend of mine got some replacement stuff free when he called. So far seems like a solid company.

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ordered a Travax with points from Amazon today. Gonna ditch the checkbook and join the cool kids lunch table :D

DucatiBomber likes this.
  7. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Which one did you go with? Curious to see how you like it.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Regular one I guess. $35 on Amazon

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

$35?!?
    I'm happy if I have $35 in my wallet. :D

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused, the originals are 29.99 on their website...I did go with the free shipping option though so IDK.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain why they need a wallet? As I already said I carry cash, card, and license and never need anything else. What is the point of a carrying case? What do you actually need that you're keeping in this thing?

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Guess I should have shopped around. $5 to the Jeff Bezos retirement fund.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

extremely_slow likes this.
  15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I haven't it mentioned here, but I've seen a bunch like it. I switched to a Ridge Wallet about a year ago or so, and its been a good switch. Sort of weird not having a wallet in my back pocket, but you get used to it.

https://www.ridgewallet.com/

They're spendy if you go with list price, but they're always on sale, lots of coupons, and you can find them through other sources. I think I paid about half price for mine, which is pretty close to what I'd pay for a normal wallet.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This thread got me wondering when I saw the prices for saddleback's stuff now.

I bought my wallet 5 years ago and it's barely broken in good.

I found my electronic receipt for the wallet I bought Saptember 4th, 2011.

[​IMG]

And a screenshot of today's price:

[​IMG]

Almost tripled in 5 years.

Fuck you Dave. (not DaveK, Dave Whateveritis that owns Saddleback)

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

He has been catching a ton of heat for jacking up the prices. Which of course jacked up the prices on the used market!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have gone full hipster :(

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I spend a lot of time in a car, so a slim efficient wallet is important to me. No one sees it, so it isn't a fashion statement, but a tool. I got this one this winter and it is pretty good but could be improved. The money clip is nice and thin, but is offset too much so my bills are wider than the rest of the wallet. Otherwise, it is great for the things I must carry:
    Drivers license
    Ccdw
    Work cc
    Home cc
    Debit card
    Work id
    Insurance card

https://www.google.es/search?q=colu...AUIBygB&biw=375&bih=591#imgrc=fEspyFqp7GXiTM: