Harley and the Davidsons

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Aug 18, 2016.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Didn't see a thread on this yet but just saw a commercial for this on Discovery. Its a 3 part series premiering next month on the 5th and the 2nd and 3rd episodes the next 2 days. Not a Harley guy but it looks pretty interesting.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cool video. It's motorcycles and racing. Duh...I'll be watching. Thanx.

3. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Debut tonight, 40 minutes into episode one and so far it's totally awesome...

erick1670 likes this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

damn, forgot all about this..watching and recording the series now

5. B. Myers

B. Myers Well-Known Member

Yup, pretty good so far.... Digging the start up roots, engineering battles and enduro racing.

6. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Pretty good and I'm a pretty big Harley fan so it's kinda cool learning some of the history behind the brand.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Found it interesting they made Indian (who has a pretty nice slice of the market place now and has a NEW Flat Tracker) the BadGuy's right out of the box...

418 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, at the time they were if you were H&D.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just wondering if Polaris will co-fund a story about the beginnings of Indian....could get as lame as the presidential battle....

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I kind of chuckled when it leaked oil. Enjoying it but dvr it cause there are 5 min of commercials every 10 minutes

11. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Watched about 1/2 the first episode and DVR'd the rest of it. (I get up really early) so I'll watch it tonight, it was fairly interesting so far.

12. VFRacer-R

VFRacer-R Don't you know who I am?

Really enjoyed it. Seemed to be pretty close to accurate as I recall from research.

13. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Indian was the big bad for more than a few years in the beginning. They had a bigger market share, and more variety of product.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I was just surprised at the degree of negativity heaped on Indian...we will see where it goes.

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Oh, now I'm intrigued. I haven't seen it yet.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I can tell you. They all come back from the dead and haunt Willy G for approving and building the V-ROD.

Britt likes this.
  17. bj

bj Well-Known Member

Meh.... Only watched the first hour last night but was disappointed it's not more gearhead oriented. They just happen to find a correct rod to steal? Casting a cylinder and no one notices? It reminds me of Ron Howard's direction of Rush. He didn't get F1 at all. This feels the same. I hope it gets better.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I think some of the attention to detail gets lost when you're trying to appeal to the masses. Not a whole lot of people are going to catch the mistakes that you saw.

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I like it. I really like the props and era clothing and sets. Good tv!

20. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa......im the proud owner of a '13 NRS, murdered out!
    Porsche engineered, water cooled, USD forks, slipper clutch, feaux brembo calipers, steel lines.....pffft, baddest HD eva.

masshole likes this.