1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The end is near for Broome

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 8, 2016.

1. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Don't disagree at all Broome but I'd refer you to Eddie Murphy's skit as part of Raw I believe...something along the lines of "half!" :)

BTW, congratulations!

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid:

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Give it time.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Good fortune, Broome and Bride.

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Congrats!! So I was thinking you guys didn't see much of each other and then you mention she is at your races. How often do you both have to travel to the fields and how often are you home?

6. We both work a rotating 28/28 schedule (4 weeks at work, 4 weeks off) for the same company.

We are on the exact same schedule. She has been working in Angola, I've been working in Ghana. We depart our respective work countries at the same time, then meet in Amsterdam, then continue on the same flights home (and reverse of that going to work).

That is the way it has been up until now, but she is going to Ghana with me this hitch. So we have been together in our month off, but now we will be together at work also. :)

Paige likes this.
  7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

She's already controling you. Now you're not even allowed to go to work without her.

SamG, DucatiBomber and Phl218 like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

:D

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Congrats man! :D

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Sounds like one of those 'if we can survive this, we can survive anything' deals. Congrats!!!!

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

My puppies are awesome! :D

12. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

She clearly hasn't given you the test, but congrats none the less. :beer:

[​IMG]

13. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Congrats, Chris! Wishing you both great happiness together! When is the actual wedding? Have you set a date yet?

14. Not yet. She doesnt want a big wedding, she sees them as a waste of money. We will likely just fly to Vegas and do it quickly. Was looking at when we get back from work, but I will already be racing at Road Atlanta then Barber, so it will be a busy month already.

But whenever we do it, it will just be a simple quick one. She doesn't want the big ceremony, huge dinner, lots of guests, expensive dress or any of that. She likes nice things and doesn't mind spending money, but at the same time she is very "simple". It doesn't take much to make her happy, to her the fact that we are getting married is what is important, the wedding itself doesn't matter. She would rather put that money towards something tangible.............like a new bike. :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Sounds like a keeper, congrats Chris. :beer:

Haven't you read the divorce threads on here ? She's gonna end up with all your shit. :D

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whatever you do, don't go full retard.

BigBird likes this.
  17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Does anyone else find that several of these statements seem...contradictory?:D

BamBam212 and Metalhead like this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Get married at the track.
    You can keep it simple and still have a big day with your favorite people.
    Maybe a sunrise ceremony Saturday and a big-ass party at the Deathstar Saturday night.

stk0308, Banditracer and Metalhead like this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Mark & Dawn had their wedding at Lil Tally a couple years ago. It was pretty cool! :D Got married at the start finish near the silo. Rode a lap on a Diavel. :D Partied at the old tower all night! :D

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Fly me to Vegas to be wedding singer.