1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y'all hear about this? Eslick went to the branch last night.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The "victim" is the cop and the scenario is over at RRW and linked to somewhere in this thread (or the Daytona one). He was charged with Battery of a Law Enforcement Officer, not the chick.

2. 178SV

178SV now retired...

I'm not looking for issues or agendas. I'm just interested in hearing the story about what led to the chase. I bet it's a good one.

3. 178SV

178SV now retired...

In the legal case, yes. But that story has been told and I don't have any interest in knowing any more details about it. I want to know what was going on before that. Seems like that story is much more entertaining.

4. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

He was drunk made a mistake it happens. We've all done stupid stuff drinking. I don't defend what he did nor would I encourage it but, its common in Daytona. The fact he is a Pro racer just makes it significant. He will plea down,get a fine,possibly probation, and I'm sure his sponsors will get on his ass. Lets move on..

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wouldn't be as big a discussion if it were the first or even second or third time :beer:

DucatiBomber and Johnny B like this.
  6. 178SV

178SV now retired...

C'mon, you think he was just walking down the street and decided to shove a random 51 year old woman to the ground?

medium B likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me? Nope. Not sure what that has to do with what I posted in response to another post about just ignoring it all because mistakes happen.

8. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

So he was drunk and disorderly BFD.

A lot of people seem really butt hurt about what one dude does with his life. I don't care that he knocked some old Harley chick to the ground. I don't care that he ran from some spring break cops. They should've tazed him, but fuck if that police report didn't read like some petty ass shit. It sound like much ado about f'n nothing. I'd say on my scale of shit to worry about it'd be lesser than a DUI.

9. 178SV

178SV now retired...

I'm just surprised that there's no interest in getting the whole story. With very little information, people have decided to either support or condemn him, and then moved on.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

You're going easier on him because he has a history of poor decisions, and the owners 'should know better?'

How about HIM knowing better? I hate it when repeated stupidity is treated as <shrug> "that's Jeff" (or whoever) when repeat offenses should be drawing HARSHER consequences.

I don't know if Danny has a record or not, but if he does, he's less likely to get his felony reduced. I'd look at tha and think "this guy isn't learning his lesson," not, "well, he didn't injure the officer."

RichB and Derrick1 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What in the world are you two talking about?

There is interest in getting the whole story. Doesn't change there is enough story to piss off sponsors.

BFD? Yes indeed it is a big fucking deal to people involved in the sport on the business side of things.

No one is talking about his riding ability or how horrible a person he is for daring to get drunk. Oddly for thins place I don't think there has been any personal attacks on him at all. Just posts about how his actions will affect him and others he's involved with.

If you're just upset because people are talking about it - well, there's not a lot of other racing going on right now so yeah it's news.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

TOBC will be in the news more than any other team this week. They're getting their name out there...

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

#2 Googled term at Bike Week will be "WTF does TOBC stand for?" :D

craig641 and kyle159 like this.
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

15. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

Eslick is a amateur. I have topped that shit show with my name on the ticker of CNN for making bongs and looking at 10 years in the pin. <rolls eyes> Roadracing is peppered with a bunch of sissies point fingers and are envious of Eslicks abilities.

(this should pop up the posts another 5 pages) <insert grin>

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yippee! Maybe if Eslick hijacks a plane to Cuba they'll get on national news and end up in motogp.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How many more years they threaten for the rubber dicks? :D

backcountryme likes this.
  18. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Poor line choice. Always look through the "corner".

Pixelator, Joe Lopez and Torn7th like this.
  19. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! LMAO!!!

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, but you are slow. :D