1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barnesville Practice Day

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by swampape, Jan 22, 2016.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Would anyone be interested in running a practice or race day down there? They are open to minis. Know the track is kinda rough but hopefully on XR/CRF's or similar bikes that wouldn't be a huge issue.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

dang! having Barnesville available would be nice

3. swampape

I think I can get a practice going for next-next Sunday 1/31/16 if we can get enough people. Talked to the owners and if there's enough interest we can get a race going there at some point in the future. Wouldn't want to interfere with Herrin's schedule (and obviously they have a way nicer track) but Barnesville is about an hour closer for me (in Atlanta) so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Lemme know if you're interested and I can get the ball rolling

4. baconologist

I don't have a little bike right now. If this became a more regular thing I'd look for another.

5. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I guess this did not gain much traction, huh? I would like to find some place close to ATL to ride minis, legally and with some semblance of safe.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I have some interest. Just got a mini and have never tracked one before. But I'm still a bit away from doing it because of family obligations. A couple months from now I'd be down with it.

7. swampape

I don't think there's a ton of traffic on the mini section of this forum honestly. We've got a pretty good crew and can typically get 6-10 people going with minis on the weekend.

We've been running out at AGPK in Covington for practice but they're closing. When they do, well migrate down to barnesville (mainly to practice for Josh's track in Dublin).

If anyone wants to get into minis we ALWAYS have an extra bike and typically have spare gear. Just give me a shout.

8. baconologist

Please post a plan or schedule when you work things out with the karters

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I'd be down for a practice day if we can work it out. I still have my XR and just got a Grom. There used to be a bunch of us that would ride minis and supermotards there until ~'09-'10ish. Then, I think the track changed owners and the number of riders dwindled. It wasn't super fancy, but it got the job done. I really like the place. Last time I went there was probably 2011 or so, and the dirt section was gone. No more watching my endurance teammate Jesse go at it using the same SV he raced at Nashville, Barber, etc...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. swampape

Very cool. I'll keep you posted. Would you be interested in practicing this Sunday (1/31) or should I push it back a week? Trying to get a big(ish) crew out there.

11. SLLaffoon

I could be down for either, depending on the weather. Two weeks might be better so I can get some Grom parts ordered and installed, but I wouldn't let that stop me from riding earlier as well.

12. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

I would be interested as well. I cannot go this weekend but maybe the following Saturday.

13. wrlamkin

wrlamkin Well-Known Member

Can someone please post where these tracks are and when we can get on them? We live in Indianapolis and just looking for some place to ride without snow.

14. swampape

15. swampape

Alright we're going to test the Barnesville track on Sunday 1/31 - I'll have a couple bikes with me if anyone has gear but needs a bike (warning one of them is a CRF50!). Gonna give it a go and if it's fun we'll run down there more regularly.

Probably shoot to get down there around 10am

16. swampape

Spread the word, anyone is welcome.

17. SLLaffoon

What time are you guys showing up? And cost?

18. swampape

We're shooting to get there around 10:30. Cost is $36 and you can pay online at their site:

http://georgiasprintkarting.net

19. swampape

Verdict - track is pretty dang fun. Good elevation change, very tricky turns and the banked section going into the final straight is pretty great.

It's definitely short, but worth the drive for the price. Had my CRF100 and RS125 (with 85cc motor) out there and they were both a blast. I'll keep y'all posted if we go out again.

20. ChrisYSR50

ChrisYSR50 New Member

I just found this forum site and hate that I didn't find y'all earlier this week. I have a YSR50 that I raced back in the late 90's as a teenager at Palmetto SC with SMMRA (now defunct) and raced it again once in 2010 at Bakers Creek in Decatur, AL with GAMRA. Do y'all run any class for the YSR50's? I've almost considered selling it in the last couple of years since I haven't found any racing organization that runs them as a class.