1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Yep, there's just something about the CZ ergonomics and trigger mechanics that just feel right. Unfortunately, since CZ is relatively unknown is the US, it's tough to find them in shops. If I were to buy a P-01 or P-07, it would be sight unseen since I can't actually hold one or shoot one before committing. Bummer.

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I'm leaning toward the CZ SP-01 vs. the H&K VP9 now. Love both in my hands, but I have to make a decision. Both are tough to find at decent prices though.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

If you're looking for a poly gun check out the p320. If I was in the market for one I'd get it. Great gun and trigger

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Had a P07 with some Cajun Gun Works parts in it. Loved everything about the gun except one thing. I have long ass ET fingers and the hammer doesn't drop until the trigger is almost to the frame. Even with the large backstrap it was an awkward finger placement for me. I think it's probably a rare issue, as most don't seem to have it. In fact, I didn't even really notice it until I really started trying to run the gun faster. However, when I mentioned it on the CZ forum, a few guys piped in they had that problem as well. One went so far as to epoxy the trigger and backstrap to get more trigger reach. Pretty sweet that you can change it to a single or dual action. Super accurate and soft shooting. No failures of any kind ever and the mags are very high quality.

I now have the Sig P320. Again, I had a small issue with the trigger biting me a bit. Got the Apex flat trigger and the problem went away. Also, I shot 1911's for a long time, so I tend to have my dominant thumb really high. On the P320, you can easily lightly depress the slide release. Causes the slide to not lock back. The smart thing to do is simply retrain yourself to put your thumb over your support thumb and off the slide. But apparently it was enough of a problem that Sig actually makes a low profile slide release. I trained around the issue within two range sessions, but bought the new slide release anyway since it was only 32 bucks. Outside of those minor issues, it's a fantastic handgun as well.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

"stupid reliable" is, IMHO, the most important feature of any firearm - that alone is a decent argument for pump-action firearms over semi-automatics in defense situations. I like DAO revolvers in principle as well, but I confess that I don't enjoy shooting them, nor do i own one.

I've only shot the SD a couple of times, but while it is nothing to rave about, it also leaves very little to criticize. Plus i'm cheap.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Have you tried damascusgunshop.com ?

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Not yet. A friend has his FFL and I get things VERY reasonable through him, just the distributors are out of stock!

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

9. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

Just signed on this beauty......now the wait.

Attached Files:

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

^^^ Nice. what caliber?

11. tropicoz

Thanks! 5.56
    My first SBR.... I'm unreasonably excited!

12. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Im super jealous. I have a 16" v7 that i love. How are you going to set it up? I really want a 300 version, one day.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Coulda gotten a 'pistol' with an arm brace without the hassle....

:D

[​IMG]

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

AR pistols are stupid because of a stupid rule about shouldering them, but it's a rule.

I have an SBR and the extra paper work is stupid especially the 5320.20. However once it's all done, I forget about it and shoot pigs.

Once you go SBR, I've seen no reason to go back. Got another lower in jail and a 30 cal TBAC suppressor in jail

tropicoz likes this.
  15. tropicoz

That's it, 223/5.56 pistols are as useless as a shit flavored lollipop.....to me at least. There are some asinine rules about the do's and don'ts with them that I just don't want to deal with, so I caved and did it the "right" way. I must be getting old lol. The 10.3 barrel on the SBR is supposedly pretty accurate in comparison to anything shorter, so there was that selling point. It certainly didn't hurt the cause when my ffl hooked me up with a great price also!!

16. tropicoz

I'm not entirely sure what I'll do. I know I want a hand stop, flip up sights, and an Eotech for now but I have to let the wallet recuperate!

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

AR pistols are for guys that sit on forums and talk about scenarios that will never happen. my 11.5" 6.8 upper is waiting for me at my door right now. Not sure why I'm still at work but i guess i'm dedicated. Will try the 6.8 on some pigs monday afternoon!

Good thing about actually doing the paperwork is Once you have an SBR lower, as long as you can return it to original form you can have as SBR many uppers as you want.

18. tropicoz

No kidding?! That's awesome!

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Good point on the SBR uppers. My point was to illustrate how stupid the pistol rule is. Add an "arm brace" and you effectively can shoulder the weapon and be legal. What's the point behind the SBR limit? I always thought it was sawed off shotguns, but how does making a rifle that will in all practicallity be louder, less accurate, and have a larger muzzle flash illegal, yet a 'pistol' a few inches shorter is legal? Odd rule to say the least.

Any of you guys play with 10MM? Looking for a stupid grin range gun for a friend...

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The P320 is the best factory handgun on the market right now and the modularity is the next big thing...Sig absolutely rocked this design.