1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would it be wrong...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Rob P, Nov 19, 2015.

1. No. As I have repeated over and over, I have no problem with soldiers. I also support their right to protect themselves.

I only care to trash the tyrants that sent them to Iraq.

2. I didn't ask if you thought I was heeding the advice of the parable. I only asked if I was correct in thinking that you were talking about my "refusal to look at the man in the mirror."

Apparently I did decipher it correctly. :D

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Didn't you recognize a question that could not be answered either way without making yourself look like a wife beater? Think man.
    As far as you KNOWING that there are not any no go zones; you're full of shit. You don't, and cannot, know anything of the sort. You simply cannot accept that you're wrong. Deal with it.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You may support their rights but you also support the same that take them away.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Did I say that was the reason "we" went?

My statement of support was to challenge your assumption. An assumption that is of course, wrong.

6. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

So you mean all those tyrants in congress that approved military force?

7. I believe many of them were duped as well, but yes, I do hold them responsible to a lesser extent.

8. Bad analogy.

The ones who are full of shit are the ones who think there may be "no go" zones in those countries. There aren't.

9. I support not sending them to useless wars, so that they won't have to defend themselves.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

But what about the poor children. Do you believe in basic human rights?

Or do you only defend the worthless individual in this country that embrace excuses and fail to attempt to better themselves and the opportunity they were born into?

11. Of course I believe in human rights.

You think our invasion of Iraq improved the situation for most Iraqi children? As you would say, come on man.

When have I defended worthless individuals?

12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So you have nothing and are just running on emotion straight out of the Democrat playbook again. Shocker...

13. That emotion line cracks me up every time. You RWN are full of the emotions fear and anger. Sometimes you do lack empathy though.

Failure to realize you have been conned doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't been.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

My opinion is that the removal of Saddam Hussein was a correct move.
    The current situation in Iraq is not ideal. Can we do more? Yes. Can we do it better? Absolutely.

I predicted the failure in Iran, long ago. Before we set foot there. I cautioned, or opined on how it could go wrong. You blame our rush in. I blame our rush you please you and many like you.

You are still here today placing blame to give you some kind of warm fuzzy feeling. Much talk but little in term of reasonable or practical solution. Your cut and run policy or the policy of this president is not a solution. If you truly believe that Bush or Dick is at fault for what is going on in Iraq, you should be on the front lines to make it better to save face, to restoring face in America. But I don't think this is in you. You rather play the blame game and see the US as the evil, as the reason all is wrong in the world.

You defend worthlessness every time you pass judgment on things you know very little about. You side with individuals or in favor of US born men and women that are throwing away the opportunity that many have died trying to reach and many more have died to ensure it exist.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You were too smart to be duped but too focused on placing blame. I thought smart people were quick to solution once root cause was established? I could be wrong but that is just fine. I am not the one claiming to be of superior mental ability.

16. Let me get this straight. If I believe those scum bags were wrong to send us to that war, I should join the war effort to make it right? You remind me of this girl who's involved with an organization that dumbs down the local MTB trails by cutting out roots, closing steep sections, etc. When I expressed my displeasure with the bullshit they do, said I should come out and help them! That would not have ended well if I did.

I don't see the US as the reason for all that is wrong with the world, but we certainly aren't as great as you portray us to he either.

As far as defending worthlessness, I have no idea what you're talking about. Unfortunately that chapter of Hawk's Fables is a tough one to decipher.

17. Who, other than Bobby the Brain, have I claimed to have superior mental ability over?

I'm not sure there is a solution to what those scumbags started, but I am pretty sure me enlisting in the army wouldn't make the situation any better.

Why don't you re-enlist?

18. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Remember that it was not just our intelligence services that thought Iraq had WMDs. Other countries believed so as well as Saddam himself telling everyone he did. Guess it was Cheney who provided our allies with the intelligence and told Saddam to tell the world that he had WMDs just so that he could make a buck. Yep that makes sense. Shit it's all clear now....

If you want to talk about a tyrant, how about the illegal wars Obama has started unilaterally in Lybia or Syria? Last time I checked he didn't go to congress to seek approval for use of force.

19. In my case it's no hindsight. I had a feeling something was fishy and was against the invasion of Iraq all along.

20. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Then you should run for office so that we may all be blessed with your innate abilities...
    Btw, how convenient of you to ignore the facts that our allies shared the same views as our intelligence agencies and let's not forget Saddam himself. But hey you're right, Cheney orchestrated the whole thing all by himself the evil mastermind he is.

crashman likes this.