Rip jihadi john

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Nov 14, 2015.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"It's just good management." :D

2. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

So much for the Home of the Brave. Seems like a lot of panicky pussies who are pissing their pants over this. Very sad state of affairs.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Your phobias do not dictate reality.

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Orvis, I'd tell you to quit while you are ahead, but you were never there. Sorry. :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? This conversation is about those specific people, why should I talk about everyone else? I've said it time and again I thing the US should send troops to war torn Africa and the like. But that's not what we're talking about. Not a single thing you're saying about me is remotely the truth or remotely based in reality. If you want to have a conversation about all sorts of other parts of the world then by all means, start one.

I vote it's time to take out Kim Jong whoever.

No one is putting you at risk. If you think the refugees are hiding terrorists in their midst you're just being delusional like IYC.

We absolutely should protect the US. Never should have yanked everyone out of Iraq. Fully support taking the war to the bad guys.

Not a single bit of that has anything to do with helping people in need. We take in all sorts of refugees every year and I think it's a good thing. I find everyone focusing on the Syrians to be a bit silly.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who says they are against assimilation? Hard not to be assimilated into the US. Especially for kids coming in and second gen immigrants.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm honestly not sure there is a place even remotely safe enough to do that. Seems like gathering refugees in one spot over there would just make that spot a target for mass murder.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Rog, I figure I'm way out ahead at this point. Human nature is pretty consistent and I can pretty well guarantee that there are not many regular individuals that lose much, if any, sleep over what's happening in some neighboring city, much less some foreign country. Sure, people might express some sorrow that other people are having a rough time with life, but that's about as far as it goes. The religious will go to church and pray for the suffering people in those foreign countries but not many will actually step up to do something about it. When it comes to the arrogant, narcissistic extroverts in Washington the number of really serious caring people gets really thin. :)

9. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

No. I am comparing ISIS to Nazis. And ISIS will be mixed in the the refuges. And besides, we have 4 decades worth of 3rd world here now. We are chuck full. No more room.
    But I got a idea on helping out the refuges. Those emergency housing units that we used at Katrina. Lets load them on cargo ships and send them to Saudi Arabia. They certainly want to help out their fellow Muslims. We can even stuff them with food. They will be thankful. We can put Americans to work building new ones. A win win for everyone. Except democrats. No new voters.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need to get out of the NE sometime, this country is far from full.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Couldn't we just dump them on the outskirts of Area 51? Kind of a win/win, no? They'll feel at home in the desert, and they'll be closely monitored the whole time!

Robby-Bobby, R Acree and joec like this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

As I pointed out before, the terrorists in Europe and the US, the men and women headed to Syria to fight for ISIS have been mostly second-generation immigrants. Why would that be?
    Their own parents are usually shocked at their actions.

You need to read up on the troubles in Europe that are resulting from the non-assimilation of Muslim immigrants. Since their country is Islam, they have no allegiance to wherever they have resettled. They create their own enclaves. That's not assimilation.
    The US is not a melting pot these days.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like a phobia to me.
    No reason to believe they would be attacked. We'll just have the US government vet a bunch of their countrymen to guard them and they'll be completely safe.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are morons everywhere.

Creating their own neighborhoods is no different than has happened here all over the place. It's not an inherently bad thing. Unless of course they move in next to you...

You need to get out of your little bubble, the US as as much if not more of a melting pot than ever.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're getting dumber every post if you think anything I said is remotely related to a phobia.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

At this point my biggest thought is; what the hell are you guys doing on the net at 2 am?
    Don't you ever sleep?:)

17. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

How long until we have several "no go" zones in our own country? We already have a few of those in Nashville due to the influx of Kurds and Laotians, not to mention the illegal Mexicans...

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I wouldn't call any of those "no go" zones... Some of the best ethnic food in town is on Nolensville Rd.

Antioch is just a dump these days, but there's still an awful lot of PWT out that way too.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, no go zones have popped up everywhere since you've been away from the BBS. You can't go anywhere anymore. It's really scary out there. :D

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Tell me Starbucks is still safe. I need $8 coffee.