1970 Barricuda Bidding Expected at $3M

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Aug 10, 2015.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Went from Superbirds to VW bugs in less than two pages...:eek:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a 66 - 318 3 on the tree if you're interested :D

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you still want my old BSA, we might work something out.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

This thread started out muscle car cool and went full pussy VW bug. :Puke:

Oh the humanity. :crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly no, the 66 would have to go for cash not more toys :(

6. nigel smith

Thanks for totally destroying my happy memories. Next you'll tell me my Gpz really wasn't that fast and Phoebe Cates doesn't look good in a bikini anymore. I hate you. :Poke:

7. [​IMG]

8. nigel smith

Send me a pm with details. Caleb and I have been doing a resto mod Dart Sport for him to drive. It's been fun and now I need something for me before I claim the kid's car.

9. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, people gotta remember that the big three switched from Gross to Net horsepower ratings in 1972-3. The lower numbers were much more accurate.

And even still, you gotta factor in the 500-1000 weight disadvantage of older cars. Man those things were HEAVY!

Design wise, the 1970s F body was a huge waste of space. A 1979 Z28 is longer and heavier than my Audi SUV, yet fits half as many people and cargo; all while being slower to boot. Never understood while something so long had such little space inside.

I have vivid memories of my 6' body being crammed in the back of my friends 75 Trans Am on the way to school. Or even worse was an IROC Z! Perfect car for your daughter, for no ones gettin laid in the back of those things :D

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm 6' too and I got it on with a chick in the back seat of a Mustang II back in 77.

When the opportunity arises...adapt:D

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well.....

[​IMG]

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Does it go like a bat out of hell? No (brothers stock Duramax will outrun it)
    Does it handle like a Ferrari? No (wife Equinox sport will dust it in the corners)
    Is it as comfortable as a Cadillac? No (my '14 Sierra is more comfortable)

Is it a joy to drive? Yes
    Does it get more thumbs up than any of the above? Damn right it does.

And that is why old cars will always be cool.:beer:

Attached Files:

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Without really caring enough to look it up, just curious anyone know if the current owner is a wealthy guy? Original owner? If not, how many owners did this specific car have? If various, each of them must be kicking themselves in the ass. :D

An old HS friend bought himself his first car, a 1985 Ford Mustang GT, 5sp. He drove his beloved 'Stang for a MAYBE a handful of years then put it away in a garage til this very day. When I see cars like the above, I can't help but wonder if he'll ever get a pay day from doing that. Meanwhile, he owns his own custom wheel/tire shop/boutique and does very well for himself, I'd say at least 10% of his clientele are professional athletes or Hollywood types, so waiting for his old 'Stang to 'provide' for him might not be needed anyhow. lol

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Plus, most front seats recline.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I can't get my head 'round that. Three on the tree? That's crazy insane.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What the hell does that mean?

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It means a column shifted manual transmission. Only 3 forward gears and reverse. No floor mounted pansy ass shifters.

Towards the driver and up is Reverse.
    Towards driver and down is 1st
    Towards the dash and up is 2nd and down is 3rd.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think Papa just got Broome'd :D

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

"This one-of-a-kind muscle car boasts an enviable ownership history that includes membership in Las Vegas developer Brett Torino’s famous collection of Hemi Cuda convertibles; it has also been cared for along the way by Mopar devotee Carl Sable, well-known British muscle car collector Carlos Monteverde and former chairman of Chrysler Finance, Darrell Davis"

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

:crackup:

I had an old International pickup with 3 on the tree. Actually feels pretty natural to shift.