Anyone riding with N2 at Summit next week?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sean Jordan, Mar 26, 2015.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Chris,
    If you go to a Roger Lyle track day let me know. I'm coming down to video tape you when u get off the bike after every session. I'm guessing by the end of the morning... Well nvrmind just do it!
    :D:D

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

from the 3 or 4 other orgs that are local, I would have to say they were. I did enjoy my times with them, and they were my go to for some time.

3. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Yep, the starts are the best part of any race by far.

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty much. That's why I go out in the racer session. Less bikes and less stupid.

Agreed about NESBA CR's, I had some good ones back in the day. Dutch ran a first class operation when he was with them.

It's the way the organization folded operations that soured me on them, and anyone that was a part of that deal.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Why would anybody posting here not be in the Racer Group?
    I've ridden lots of days with Roger
    A real stand up guy that puts on the best track days
    Never had a problem
    I have ridden with TPM and NESBA
    I prefer Motorcyclexcitement
    JMHO
    That said I prefer racing to track days
    I love starts
    And grouping bikes by performance is safer as well

6. :crackup:

Deal. :D

7. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

He's a nice guy, but he's getting old and slowly losing his mind. Even some of his staff will admit it. The 'riders meeting' consisted of a 30 minute advertisement for getting your bike dyno'd, buying/mounting tires. Not once did they cover passing rules for the group, what to do if you crash, etc.

Oh, and they also will fail you for tech if you have the rear tail light covered up. The reason being is so that "the riders behind you can see when you're braking"

lol wut

:crackup:

8. Wheel Bearing

Dude you wouldn't make it past the second session. I also want to see this. :D

9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

MotorcycleExcitement is cheap, they don't mess with you, and if you run in the racer group you can get some quality seat time without a bunch of trackday heroes making things unsafe.

I'm not looking for qualified CR's, or super regimentation. I just want some cheap tracktime to tune up for my upcoming race season.

10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

The last time I went (years ago) it cost $240 for one day on summit main. I'm not going to call that cheap and there are A LOT of people out on the track.

Ride safe,
    AAron

11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

One bad apple ruined NESBA. He's way out of the picture.

N2's run MUCH better and regained the original focus that made that group great.

12. Wheel Bearing

Roger Lyle at NCBIKE: $200

N2: $165

:Poke::Poke::Poke::Poke::Poke:

13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I remember paying something like that in the past.

$200.00 for main this season.

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Roger Lyle and MotorcycleXcitement are top notch as far as I'm concerned. Always a safe and friendly environment and if you feel you belong in the advanced/racer group, its not an act of god to make it happen like some other groups. The CR's aren't there to be super star MotoGP wanna be's. They are there to help the beginners get comfortable with track riding and to keep the typically chaotic beginners group in some form of reasonable order.

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Because When I was signing up for a trackday with them,and they asked what kind of bike I had,I responded and said a FZR400..... I got a stupid assed grin looking back at me and they chuckled and said "get a real bike" Yeah,thats why I said they fah-king suck ass.That was enough to not even concider N2 as well

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

And Rogers Days are OK too,even when you are told to slow down by a CR:eek:

17. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Ill be on a blue/white gsxr 750 #38. Look me up Ill see if I can give you a tow. Ive got lots of laps there also on an sv.

It's always funny to me how people hate on certain td groups. Ive coached for several of them including Roger and Marrc and N2. They are all similar and one or two bad attitudes can spoil it . For most of the racers here you will be in advanced or racer group anyway so the coaching doesnt matter. But N2 does have some of the better coaches and some of them are doing extra training with Yamaha Champions school to become YCRS certified instructers. The new management at N2 are doing a lot to make the club professional and enjoyable for the riders.

18. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I avoid MARRC trackdays for the same reason. A couple of years ago I brought a friend with me who rides an FZ1. I am also a MARRC corner worker, so I had lunch with the crew outside Chez Summit. I overheard a couple of the CR's yucking it up making fun of my friend's bike and his riding style. Instead of doing what CR's are supposed to do, which is coach and help him get better, they made fun of him.

Way to represent MARRC fellas!

19. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

The biggest thing that I hated about Roger's days was when he would say "slower riders stay to the inside on the straights".... Nothing like coming out of 9 at main to a train of retards all across the track, all fighting for the line going under the bridge... Much easier if everyone stays their line and you go around them. After almost getting taken out multiple times like that, and talking to Roger and a few Cr's, getting no where, I stopped riding with them. Otherwise, not bad, just LOTS of people on track.

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Then they all fade to the outside before the turn......weeeeeee!!!!