1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky: why???

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Not that what I think is worth reading but to be completely honest I would like to see Nicky add that Mile victory and a WSBK Championship to his collection. Only time I ever seen him upset was the "Pedrosa Incident" back when he was going for the '06 Championship.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I worked that 200, and somewhere I have a picture of me holding Nicky's trophy taken after the ceremonies. The photographer was Earl Hayden.
    I've been a big Nicky fan since the first time I met him (T1 crash at Loudon).
    He's one of the classiest acts in racing, a real gentleman and just genuinely nice guy.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I'm not saying that he's not having fun, I'm saying no matter how fun it is, its still a job. Its just a bonus to get a check to do something fun.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You can't make anyone happy on this forum it seems lol.

When it was Mladin cleaning house and picking up a check for "just doing his job" there's people being critical and saying he should go race in a series where there's better competition. And the same thing for Nicky when he's not cleaning house but still doing his job and picking up a check, he should move to a series where there's less competition and he'd have an easier time of winning. Strange dichotomy there.

I guess that's the thing that is hard for most to comprehend. If I was getting paid what I get paid from my regular job to race, even if I was doing lousy as it I'd still be more than happy to do it :D

5. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

^^ We had to have raced one another.

If the rest of America had Nicky's work ethic, we wouldn't be able to spend all of the money. The dude has been drawing shit cards every season since 06.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Morris may be due for another scan....

7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I guess I agree with Morris's sentiment but perhaps he went a bit over the top with the word choice. I'd love to see Nicky up front in WSB.

If either Honda GP factory seat opened up, would Nicky get a shot at filling it?

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If he had a shot, it would be small. I doubt they're even looking at him.

9. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Nicky Hayden is a fucking Saint in my book! WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION! That shit doesn't go away......... EVER.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Mine was IRP in the late nineties. I think he lapped the field!

11. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Was the wind gusting to 50mph on the referenced day?

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That was a long time ago:D

Seems like it rained once on the weekend I'm thinking about.

13. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I was there that weekend. Trash barrels, cones, and all kinds of shit blowing out on the track.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Yes, I am.

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

All of you seemed to miss my quick 'respect' retraction. Nicky is and will always be one of my favorites of all time, and the entire family crew is the best.
    Just expressing my personal frustration at not having our man, or anyone at the front on the world stage.
    So all you haters hated me already. Cool. Fortunately the only lingering effect of my concussion is my memory ain't so good. So I will forget all the dark comments in short order. And we all need a beeb break now and then. I'm overdue.

16. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:stupid: ......not respecting the Haydens and what every one of them has done for American road racing. Give me a break! A post like this deserves the Ban Hammer as much or more than some of the other crap that gets people banned.:tut:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At this point by posting this opinion have lost mine.

Nicky is a racer. Racers race.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry, just assumed you knew he really did knock his melon really hard a few years ago and was seriously injured and concussed pretty bad.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He does know that ;)

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Guess you don't get it...so here let me explain.

It was DarkWit...Kinda like...."Hey Morris, I know you bumped your head, but Hey man, it isn't any excuse to bag on Nicky...you may want to check yourself before the roasting you ask for actually starts."

I know, it isn't something that "everyone gets".:rolleyes: