1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky: why???

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Mar 12, 2015.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

This topic along with a Casey Stoner thread...

[​IMG]

BTW 14th place for $4M ....sign me up

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

There's a lot of people on this board that pay a ton of money every year to get 14th place or worse in races.. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Someone thinks he's good enough, or he wouldn't be there.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

With the states salary, there must be a significant ROI.

Nicky has the tools, the hardware, and attitude. That goes a long way.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Or marketable to sponsors, or comes with a butt ton of sponsorship money, or DORNA wants him there, or a combo of things like he's good enough, sponsors like him and Dorna wants him there or . . .

Not saying those are the reasons Nicky is there but just because someone is racing motogp doesn't mean the team actually wants him or her.

Nicky is where he wants to be series wise, I'd just prefer him in WSBK winning and slapping the ugly off the brits and pissing off the sheeneheads.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I doubt he's happy where he's currently finishing.

7. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Next time you feel the overwhelming urge to post something this stupid, please, go make yourself a sandwich instead. Seriously, where do you get off questioning any professional racer at any level, let alone a guy who's been on the top step of the ladder? Sit back, watch the races, and cheer for the guy instead.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh, there's no fun in a former MotoGP beating the Brits, it would be expected. Fun is someone like mmfoor beating the Brits. :D

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I think the RRW 11/14 had 2 excellent articles, one about Nicky and one about Colin. Suggest you read them booth since they answer pretty much all your questions...

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, I got a problem with shit like that. I'm not going to blindly root for anyone just because someone tells me I should. I'm not a brit.

Not slamming you just that opinion that because someone is 'merican (f@ck yeah!) I need to blindly support them, buy the bobble head and donate to the crowdsourcing. and shit. :D

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I love this place, only on the BBS will you find light weight mid pack track day pace riders calling out a MOTO GP champion. Carry on. :rolleyes:

12. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't cheer for him because he's "merican (f*ck yeah). I agree.
    Cheer for him because he's an underdog who hasn't given up the hard fight on lesser equipment to cherry pick a lesser series on superior equipment.

Cheer for him 'cause he'd rather try and fail at something hard than succeed at something easy. I don't know, don't cheer for him at all if you don't want, but why bash the guy? Why second guess his motivations and career choices? That don't make no damn sense.

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Agreed. I heard the same shit about why I should support Herrin.

Uh, being American does not make you automatically likable.

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

No Nicky bashing from me....sure, I'd like to see him doing better, but there can only be 1 winner.

David....I have a picture somewhere for you. I took it at the Duquion Mile several years back.....I was right on the fence on the front straight coming out of 4.....Watching Nicky draft past Springer and Carr...fanning out 3 wide....I couldn't believe I got the shot with one of those old paper cameras.....other good ones of Nicky also, Talking to Atherton, Springers mechanic, etc.

I'd love to see him back on the dirt track.

I wonder if he does the marquez thing in the off season?

15. Damn. :crackup:

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

^^THIS^^:crackup::crackup:

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That argument is stupid and sucks donkey dick.

Oh no, you can't have an opinion on someone who is better than you at something, you need to stay quiet and follow the pack. You don't care for Michael Schumacher well, you can't say anything because you've never beaten him at an F1 race! Don't like Tony Romo? No, you stay quiet unless you've knocked the puck through the hoop with your football bat! Don't like Chip because he has baby hands and smells like cabbage? Oh no, you can't say anything!

and shit. :D

18. ped

ped Banned

Motogp isn't about the best riders. There's only a small handful of bikes capable of winning. He was a champion, but he's older a close to retirement and I'd much rather root for them winning a wsbk race than fizzle out dropping further back every year until they just hang it up.

19. racing+life

racing+life Well-Known Member

Nicky loves to ride. I think he is where he's at because it's the best bike in the world he can get to ride. Not the best bike in the world, the best bike he can get paid to ride. ;)

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The cool thing is Nicky only has to be concerned with which available option Nicky prefers.