Edward Snowden and the NSA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Dec 22, 2013.

?

Which of the following choices is closest to your thoughts about Edward Snowden?

1. Patriot - pardon him

61 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Traitor- prosecute him

25 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Other favorable opinion

21 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Other unfavorable opinion

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So they did so due to the felony arrest warrant. Pretty normal.

Has the other person you're talking about been charged with any crimes on US soil?

2. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

The fifty or so who are known to be fighting with ISIS? Not that I know of. I guess being a part of and fighting for an organization that is committing genocide, murder, rape, torture, and slavery does not merit an arrest warrant since we allow them to come back into the country and the FBI "tries" to keep an eye on them.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That damn innocent until proven guilty thing again. Be much better if we could just accuse people of things and toss them in jail.

Oh wait...

4. Sacko DougK

So, they have to be convicted before a warrant can be issued?? Or would we issue a warrant for their arrest, put them on trial, convict them, and then give them free food, shelter, and medical care for the rest of their life?

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If one of our citizens is fighting alongside people that the US is bombing, are they not traitors?

6. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

That's the way it used to work.

7. Sacko DougK

No, they are misunderstood, or abused, suffering from microagressions, were told no by their parents, etc, etc, etc.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has a warrant been issued for the ones you want banned or not?

9. Sacko DougK

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Umm, because Snowden flat-out copped to the "crime" he's charged with.

The Travelling Fucktards, AFAIK, are only suspected of joining forces with ISIS.

Additionally, ISIS isn't fighting the US. They're fighting all the marvelously destabilized regimes in the Muddled East. Speaking of which, I wonder how the whole gawdamn region got so destabilized...

11. In Your Corner

The US is fighting ISIS, in Iraq and Syria. ISIS is probably shooting back.

12. pickled egg

We have boobs on the ground in Syria? When did we declare that ground war?

13. Sacko DougK

Wait, I thought EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Regardless of any omission. So, my question still stands.

Also, you may want to ask those 300 hundred or so Marines in Iraq who it was that attacked their base a few days ago. Since, according to you ISIS isn't fighting the US. Or you could just ask the American hostages they decapitated.

14. In Your Corner

They shoot back at planes, you know.

15. pickled egg

Which goes back to indictments. Snowden has 'em. Unnamed fucktards don't.

Show up with indictments against them and you might be comparing apples to apples, instead of orangutans.

16. pickled egg

Shoot *back* at planes? Sounds eerily like something I would do if some foreign government was dropping ordnance on me. How 'bout you?

17. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

ISIS is threatening terror attacks on the US. They are the enemy, we don't have to wait for another 9/11 to take these cocksuckers seriously.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Because most of the people there are as nutty as a fruit cake.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm surprised Snowden hasn't had a heart attack or suicided yet. He must be worth more alive right now than his soon to be dead.

Oh damn. :rolleyes:

20. Sacko DougK

I'm no legal scholar, but I'm pretty sure a warrant can be issued without an indictment and that a passport can be revoked without an indictment also.