NFL 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 7, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

12.5 psi in a room temp ball carried out into ~30 degree temps would have to help lower pressures a smidge by game time. Would be legal, wouldn't it?

2. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Funny how games played at say Green Bay or Buffalo in December don't seem to have this problem. Or the Colts balls in this same game for that matter.

It is what it is. They push the limits, but I would love to know what they are doing that isn't being caught because you know there are some.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Not true- footballs get over inflated at Green Bay, that was admitted by Rodgers, helps his grip with his "large" hands.
    It also was discussed during the broadcast of a nationally televised game. Does anyone here actually watch these games?

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think it goes against their integrity, or lack of.

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Cheating won't matter. Soft AFC team.

6. At least one of them hit his receiver square in both hands, and I think another one was possibly catchable too. Still, 4 interceptions is rough. Shame on the packers for not winning after intercepting that many passes. The winning percentage for teams that pic 4 has to be through the roof. Poor coaching job by the Packers.

I'm definitely pulling for the Seahawks in the Superbowl. I like Sherman and Lynch, plus I can't stand the Patriots.

7. :stupid:

Possible the dumbest meme I've seen, and I've seen plenty of dumb ones.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

10. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

This is going to be a great SB, granted not as great as a GB vs NE SB but great none the less. Both teams have some common denominators though I'd take Lynch over Blount, but on D Revis is better than Sherman. Should be a great game none the less that will ultimately come down to defense.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Jerry Rice called the Patriots "cheaters"

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So didn't Don Shula a couple weeks ago, " Belicheat " from the taping bust. Makes you wonder how much other shit they're doing that nobody's figured out yet. I'm sure the NFL is going to do all they can to sweep this under the rug, blame it on the refs or something. Can't tarnish the golden boy.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

As much as I hate that racist prick, I agree with Warren. Who gives a shit, let 'em play.

And I don't even really like football.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

"I'm here so I don't get fined"
    Is he mentally ill?

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I kind of like the guy. I'm sick and tired of the talking head BS that we hear out of most of them. He just wants to play football. Yes, I realize that part of being in the NFL involves media (contractually). But do we really want to hear the same old crap over and over. It would be refreshing if they were allowed to actually say what they think without worry of being fined.

I was listening to a coach talk before an NHL game last night and it was the same crap you always hear..."We're taking it one game at a time. We need to play better than our opponent. All of the guys have to give 110%".

Give me a break.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Well he's definitely saying the same old crap over and over….he said that same line 25 times in a row, to every question!

I know what you mean, that's why I'm a Tony Stewart fan, he says what he wants.

Is Lynch too afraid to speak publicly? The NFL was threatening a 500k fine if he didn't do the interview.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If he's been told he can't say what he truly feels then I can't blame him, I'd skip interviews too. Then again I understand the NFL's side of it too.

19. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

An interesting read...

Why the Seahawks' enigmatic star running back doesn't trust you, me or the media.

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

It's not just that he doesn't trust people. You can see it in video of his interviews.. he's genuinely uncomfortable. Not everybody likes being surrounded by 20 people with microphones and an unstoppable barrage of prying questions.

Stoner didn't like it either, and nobody faulted him for it. There was plenty of hate for him, sure, but it didn't seem centered on the fact that he preferred more of a private life.