1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add me to the list of the newest Obamacare "successes"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jkhonea, Oct 14, 2014.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

You need to look into a 10k supplemental accident policy. It's a 250 deductible and we pay like 250 a year fir a 10k benefit.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The last few times I have been in the hospital in ICU or SICU, I've found the cost averages $5000 per day. That doesn't include my doctor's charges or surgical charges.
    Shorter stays are much more expensive.
    My last overnight was almost $20,000 between hospital and doctor's fees.
    Costs add up fast.

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

After some more research today, I was looking at the catastrophic route. Nothing paid by insurance till I hit $6600 ind or $13200 family. Now here's where the fun starts. The government says I make too much money and am not allowed to get that coverage without a fine. I HAVE to get the more expensive, which best I've found so far is min $698 per month. I MUST get the more expensive or get fined. Just damn.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

But Obama cares about the middle class, this must be Bush's fault somehow.

I honestly can not think of any legislation that has cost me more money. My healthcare plan is shit now and I pay far more for it than I did my top of the line plan from years ago. :(

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Absolutely. This is a freaking nightmare.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Your wealth has been transferred. Welcome to Obama's America.
    It gets worse from here.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Don't forget that you are now forced to purchase coverage that you don't need or want.
    It's for your own good, so do it or get fined.

9. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yup, that's what I found out today. Just beautiful.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The company I work for is extremely decent and pays for mine - of course I took a pay cut to offset the increase. Doesn't change that my company is getting fucked. More than a car payment every month with a 6k deductible and relatively decent copay setup.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I looked into some about a year ago. Unfortunately FL is one of those oddball States that does not offer all the consumer protection one could use.
    The supplement wasnt worth the cost of the additional premium and to be honest my auto/mc covered the same items with the exception of wellness.

12. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

Obamacare sucks the big one for me. Almost paying $1000 a month for health insurance for a family of four. Make too much money to get any tax credits. I have a wife and 2 kids living in NC. Ins cost has gone up by 50% in 2 years! fucking madness. I shopped around and there are no other better plans. Only way to get cheaper insurance is to make a lower income. I live in Cali and my employer gives me a break on my insurance here. But damn! the Obamacare has just made matters far worse. For us normal regular joes.

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Hopefully it will be repealed. I think the Nov. mid terms were a good start. Everyone of the son of a bitches that voted for it should have been voted out of office. Yes, every god damn democrat. Let them reap what they sowed..

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm not sure repealing it will make a difference at this point. My gut feeling is that Pandora's Box is open now and I don't see insurance rates going back down. God I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It won't be repealed (that pretty much NEVER happens anyway), nor would it make any difference. The insurance and healthcare lobbies are way too powerful and there is way too much money to be made. They'll keep squeezing blood from this turnip until it all implodes and there is a ground up rework of the entire system - likely as a shitty single payer for most everybody with a boutique industry at the top for the wealthy.

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Come on guys, can't just give up and say well, it's there, we may as well just live with it. Fucking thing is a train wreck. Time to start over...

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I agree with you on both points. They've broken the hell out of an already very broken system. Some of the original real methods of fixing it would still work, but I sure don't see prices ever going back down since they've gotten a taste of getting people on the higher rates. As usual, deep government intervention has made a bad situation multiple times worse.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The only way it'll go down is when people simply cannot pay it any longer.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fikth'd :up:

20. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Correct and correct.