1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your favorite and least favorite parts from your GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Oct 28, 2014.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Good: Ran 4hr endurance and loved it. My teammates bested me on my own bike! Only 1 unplanned pit stop. What a great way to watch the front runners (BEI, AOD, VI, etc) battle. At one point they came around me on the back chicane.

Bad: Forgot to mark my near new michelin tires when getting endurance tires and someone picked through the dunlop takeoff pile and got them a near new set of Cups. :(

2. Good and bad

Watching my 15 year old son turn a 133.7 in his 600 Novice races winning a race and podiums in all that he entered.

Bad, reading the rule book wrong and racing him in 600SS with slicks. I read A, B SS slicks allowed and closed the book. Bad dad!!

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Based on overall feedback, I think they were being polite. :D

Either way, great event overall. Like others mentioned, the drive home and couple days since have been a bit depressing.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Good: Seeing everyone, wrapping up the V5 national championship, finally getting to ride the FZ (thanks Rick at RM Racing), the weather, the racing. Friday in particular, Friday was a very good day.

Bad: Some "puttin' on airs" azzhole parking his high roller golf cart in the way, over and over again. :mad:

:D

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You forgot to mention the drive home. :D

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

:crackup:

7. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Good: rider turn out, weather, lots of lightweight bikes, well managed by wera, a chance to run a tz250 at speed (or near almost at speed), living in RV trackside.
    Bad: hydraulic spill by sweeper (glad it only effected one am session), wadding it up in three (sorry for the red flag) - paying my dues, but happy to get a big off out of the way.
    Awesome! - Thanks to everyone for putting on a great weekend.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Good: having Molly and Tuna next door. Molly is like a daughter/sister to me. Tuna is still Tuna but getting fast as hell! Kathy!!! Weather! Being at my favorite track. All the WERA folks, like family to me. Riding a Grom (thanks DJ).

Bad: pain in my prior dislocated clavicle; neck not allowing me to look up (quite necessary at Barber). Riding slow as hell due to the previous issues, and not being able to finish a race or a practice. Being near 20lbs overweight. Breathing is tough with tight leathers.

Still had a great time though!

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I had an awesome time battling with you in HWT (I was on the 848). I was bummed to find out you fell down. I kept waiting for you to come back around me. I came by to check on you after the red flag but I think you were in the RV. Glad you came out ok...

10. Good: see all my old buddies and meeting some new ones. Great racing to watch, smooth running event, great WERA staff, riders meeting Saturday was probably the highlight.
    Hearing them announce they are splitting practice and races is a great sign of grid size.
    Watching Taylor's epic ride on Luis bike with just a few hot laps on it in practice.

Bad: watching one of my best friends almost bin it it a very fast section in the middle of a freight train due to a rad hose not tight. Wasn't too pleased about how that actually happened but it could have been worse. Those type of fundamental things should never happen.
    Other bad-Having to leave after the 600ss race Sunday.

11. Dude your 848 sounds badass.

12. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Good: Not being able to race and having any of the pressures of racing. It was nice to see everyone and actually get to spend more than a few minutes hanging out.

Bad: not being able to race.

13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I didn't choose the cart life...

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Good: Exceeding my expectations on lap times and race finishes. I told myself if I could finish top 5 in LWTSB and top 10 in F2 I was doing good. Ended up with 5th in LWTSB and 7th in F2 on Saturday. I've never been on a grid with that many bikes before and I'm happy with the 1:37 laptimes with not being at Barber since 2011. Ended up with a 3rd in F2 on Sunday. Exceeded expectations against a lot of talented riders.

Bad:Bike has some chatter issues but we worked through them. Bike had some other mechanical issues that we worked through as well. Being in the 2nd wave of experts in F2. They should of just let us all go at the same time.

All in all a good weekend. I'm very happy to have participated in the event and it was nice to meet some new people.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Trip home was fine, nobody puked in the van this time.

:crackup:

That cart is pimpin', no joke.

16. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

You did very well this weekend Nicky, impressive times and good smart racing. :up:

17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Gracias... I like it. Until I get killed by a Panigale :(

Can I be jealous of your Grom?

18. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Good-Catching up with everyone I haven't seen in months. Sold the 250.

Bad-tying up the 500 engine the first lap in DSS, short shifting to save it and finishing 2nd by 3 feet. G lot needs to be organized like Road Atlanta for orderly parking. Museum lot needs to be for vendors ONLY!

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

This. I was talking to the guard at the first stop sign before you turn onto ring road, would be best to let vehicles line up on the road that comes into Barber.

20. That isn't really an option because some people are there days ahead of time.