And now it's hit Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by sowega, Aug 21, 2014.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

When i get home today imma fire up my dirt bike and ride some wheelies around the neighborhood. Might even do it on the street bike too.

And for all you fuckin "that's illegal, it's gonna give us a bad image" crybabies.... I'll just leave this here for ya.

Attached Files:

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

ph@ck all those ph@ckers. :mad:

because. i wish i could wheelie like that. :mad:

and, do all black folk come out of the womb knowing how to wheelie that well? seriously, in all the videos everybody's wheelying. are busters that can't wheelie not allowed in the club?

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

We almost always have a bad image already. Yeah that's a wheelie, and fine him/her for that, but I also believe that bike is licensed, insured, and the rider is wearing a helmet. :Poke:

I must say when i see the dirt bike crews on the street and the crazy 90 degree angles they seem to be able to do, and with no helmet, i am pretty impressed. But when the group starts going through red lights, and side walks, and dividers and the police start checkpoints all over the place, singling out all bikes, it makes me :mad:

4. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Man, the "Special Needs" Beebers are out in force on this one!
    Gonna try and justify breaking the law?
    How exactly is that illegal?
    You've got to be shitting me!

Now, Did we do similar shit as kids?
    Yes.
    Well maybe not on city streets, in packs, wilding about on most likely a high percentage of stolen bikes (C'mon, they don't take EBT @ the bike shop... or maybe they DO!).

One of the best wheelies I ever did was on Moreland Ave, near Little 5 going under the Dekalb Ave overpass - snatched my GPZ550 up from a complete stop and the front wheel touched down a 1/4 mile later in 5th gear when the front wheel had stopped rotating.:wow:

Here's a bunch of HUGE differences:
    Firstly - I wasn't attempting to justify my actions, or defend the undefendable. We knew if caught, we'd get a ticket, and possible impound.
    It was all "Baretta Think" back then - "Don't do the crime if ya can't do the time".
    Bike was tagged, insured, registered, legal street bike.
    I was wearing a helmet and protective gear, I was insured.
    I kept it on my side of the boulevard.

Onea these kids loops it and splits his head and 12 days of coma, life flight to Grady, grieving mother and siblings (see what I did there?), $285k in tax payer money...

Ninja please! Don't even try to justify this shit!

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Now see...that's the one step too far. Are they stolen just because it's some black kids form the inner city of Atlanta doing it? They very well could all be honestly acquired. Let's stick to the known actually illegal things they are doing with them on the street.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Justify it? Easily. It looks f@ckin' awesome!

Wing wing, popping wheelies!

7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Fuck dirt bikes on the street, Them dudes should go on the WERA classifieds and get a couple of 05 GSXR1000 race bikes for less than a new YFZ250R, leather up and play Isle of Man. Do wheelies, jumps, 180 mph, if the cops can't pull you over LOL. I say go big!

I DO WHAT I WANT! :Putter:

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

It's always been my assumption that they are stolen. Does Georgia have any tracking on dirt bikes? NC doesn't. If my dirt bike walks away I can't even prove I owned it much less that somebody stole it. Nor can I prove that the bike I paid for wasn't stolen at some point in it's life. I'd be thrilled to deal with the DMV just to have some feeling/illusion of honesty about it all.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

One thing FL has been doing right since 2006. OHV titling.
    ALL dirt bikes or off road vehicles come with an MSO and in my experience Id say well over 70% of them are lost/thrown out or just not a concern.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

so do they offer a wheelie school? do you have to bring your own bike, steal one or get one from them?

11. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

Just wait till they start crashing there brains out. More spare parts for the used market. It's a win-win.

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Personality disassociate disorder?

Yes, every black dude stole his ride. :rolleyes:

13. james walker

"Nothing else matters once you're on a bike," says Heyward, who's been riding dirt bikes since he was 9 years old. "Once you're out there riding, anything in your life at the moment goes away. You're free."

someone needs to do a 'hood version of 'On any Sunday'. i'd watch it.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its on youtube. http://raiseituptv.com/about.html

15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Already done.

Google "12 O'Clock Boys."

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'm pretty sure I streamed that on Netflix at one point. I don't see it available for streaming at the moment though.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No, but the only ones who didn't apparently only have food stamps as currency. Classy.

:rolleyes:

18. james walker

"Raise It Up was founded for two main reasons.

The first reason is for creating Raise It Up is exposure. Motocross has always been the dominant arena for dirt bike talent. However the talent that exists in the streets around the world has long been under-represented. The stunt abilities of young riders in urban streets worldwide is as equally impressive as any motocross talent anywhere. With the Raise It Up Movement, we have created an opportunity for talented dirt bike riders to showcase their abilities to the world.

The second reason for creating Raise It Up is political. We have created a voice to address the political barriers that confront our passion. In Baltimore City, home of the Raise It Up movement, we are organizing a political movement to challenge the legitimacy of an unfair law that prohibits us from riding our dirt bikes in OUR city where WE live and pay taxes. However, from contacts we have made worldwide, we understand that we are not alone in this battle. Across the globe, local governments have ignored the interests of young riders, leaving them no alternatives but to abandoned dirt bikes or ride at the risk of being chased down by the authorities."

i got nothin' lol :D

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

pretty sure its against the law to use a non dot vehicle/unlicensed on public roadways and streets

20. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

actually, my question is: how exactly is that unlawful? there is a major difference. A thing similar is not exactly the same. show me the law.