Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2014 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Mar 18, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I imagine that the people who made those decisions will never let us know the truth about why they made them. But my point really was that just because something is the rule today, you can't expect it to be the rule for next year. Hell, we just saw what happened with Ducati a couple of weeks ago.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think what Honder has now is ideal.......a young, championship-winning rider in Marquez and a support rider to help split the gap between him help act as a buffer on the track while developing the bike.

It's a raw deal for Pedrosa since he is almost assuredly going the way of Mamola/Biaggi/Gibbers club.....

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Seems like Honda tries to make the rules that fit them, Yamaha follows along and Ducati is passed out drunk in the corner. When they are sober, Ducati is jumping up on the table yelling anarchy and the other just try and ignore them.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

"ANARCHY! ANARCHY!
    I don't know what that means, but I LOVE it!"

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and poor old Steeltoe, his Suzuki people are out back by the dumpster huffing paint.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Dovi lawyered up and said "fuck you!" to stay on the team, if I remember.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

2015 World Champs! :up:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How they going to get Marquez to ride for them in 2015? Offer him a Suzuki Swift GTI, a JR50 and all the paint he can huff?

No way with the frenchman on the bike.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It wasn't Honda who was the most vocal about the rookie rule, it was the satellite teams. When a star such as Marquez is brought up, he brings with him most of his crew. This would put the satellite teams crew out of work for a season.

10. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

It was a combination of many factors. Repsol has a large amount of pull, especially when Puig was neck deep in Pedrosa's garage. They are the title sponsor of the CEV which is now under Dorna's control and they have sponsorships throughout the classes. Pair that with Honda and their level of commitment to MotoGP, their engine deal in Moto2, and their bikes in Moto3. Now you have a pair that is extremely hard to say no to.

On top of that, the satellite squads were complaining becuase they didn't want to deal with the hassel of working with their sponsors all for a rider that was guaranteed to leave the team a year later. Everyone knew what the outcome would be and nobody wanted to deal with the hassel, so they just did away with the rule.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That frenchman will be serving coffee in the garage. I want an Asparagus or a Lowes brother on that bike.
    If Bautista so much as sets foot in that garage...

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

You're gonna what, finally stop jerking off over them? :Poke:

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Now I got to cut-cha.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That is some intense paint huffing...

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yes, he did. That's why my initial response was limited to dropping Pedrosa while under contract to make room for Stoner or Lorenzo.

If they have that choice at a time when Pedrosa has an expiring contract, then it's a whole different ballgame. I'm sure he would lose his ride.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

IIRC Bautista was pretty quick on that steaming pile

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

You know his contract is up this year right? Hence why I brought the whole thing up :D

18. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Pedrosa has 0 points? :Poke:

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

you definitely work in IT :D:beer:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Okay Jethro, naught times naught is ??????