All hail the new Prince of Texas!

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I always say that they look like aliens. And whoever says they look like such and such is full of crap. They look like 100000 people combined when they are born and for the first few months.

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Ya, i am already seeing how he is a eating machine. While Chelle is awesome with it now. I wonder how long that joy of him being a hungry hungry hippo will last, especially since I am always at work. I guess the pumped and bottled milk a lot...but right now, she is still only producing colostrum, and I am not sure (i think the doc said so) that it can be bottled.

thank you!

4. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

man, I was trying to figure out who he looks like. I gave up....i will just wait till he gets a little older. He got my size, that we know for sure! :D

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

:stupid: Me too. Cute looking kid for sure. Congrats!

6. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Just had our first 8/9 at 8:09pm. So far he gained all his weight back within 5 days when expected is 10-14, and grew an inch in those 5 days. Eats 10-12 times a day up to an hour eat time, and sleeps for no more than 2.5 hours at a time.

Wife's a little worn out, but that's her job while she is home on leave, feed him and make sure he's happy. I do everything else and get about 4 hours of sleep a night, then head to work.

Im not an emotional person, never cry, never really show my wife any feelings, but this kid melts my heart. When I tried to read him a certain book his aunt got him, I made it 1 word and started to tear up. Still havent been able to read that book or another to him, cant make it past a few words.

Sucks leaving to go to work though, and I am thankful I had 2 weeks straight to spend with them both.

Congrats!

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

How come he's got hair like an 8 year old, but no eyebrows? You missing eyebrows too? :D

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Man I hear you. I started scrapbooking! I am trying to save everything from his birth...i was even digging in the hospital room trash bin to get all of the tags and such!

Congrats to you also!

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I think we can work something out. Payable in bewbies. :beer:

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Congrats to you too!

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I have eyebrows...i think that comes from chelle's side. they are the skinny eyebrowed people!

(i hope he gets eyebrows!)

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

No, colostrum can't be bottled. I don't know how you feel about it, but I was paranoid about having a baby in the bed with us so I would literally get up every feeding and sit in a rocker or recliner to feed...I think that parents that put the baby next to them while they feed probably do a little better on the exhaustion portion. I just know that as tired as I was I would have probably smushed my little one.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

dude, i wont know what those are for a long time to come! :D

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Well we bought a lounge chair that she uses just to feed. she feels the same way. wont lay the baby on the bed. Plus, he has a soft spot on his head, and that makes him not feel all that great when he lays on the bed and not in his bassinet.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Best wishes to you! I little one didn't sleep through the night until she was 14 months old....I pray that works out better for you!

16. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

This is how we are too. We didnt plan to buy a glider/ottoman, and just to use like the couch and different furniture for feeding time, but once we realized he was feeding as often as he was I ran out and got one. Definitely well worth it and Mom spends most of the day/night in it feeding, actually almost exclusively unless she is feeding him and walking around the house.

We actually set up the office as a feed room if you will, dimmer light installed, small TV, laptop, end table for her to have a big glass of water on and all the creams, pads, etc.

Clostrum can't be bottled, or that's what we were told, but after 3-5 days her milk should be in anwyays.

I will say we are breast feeding and it's tough, I mean really tough. I don't think either of us had any idea how hard it can be at times when you just want him to latch on and he won't, and then just all of a sudden dives in and gets to work, but its amazing.

I kept all the paperwork, bands, hats, brushes, even a blanket from the hospital and have the beginning to a shrine for the little guy. It's amazing how fast he's grown in 2.5 weeks, but we both can tell.

Loves car rides and walks, can't wait until mom can start jogging with him and I can try to use that to lose some much needed to lose weight.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I hope mine likes the car rides...I am sure that will be a great daddy/son time!

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Pimp that minivan. :D

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I got something nice coming to haul this kid around. ;)

20. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Wife said she wants to trade me her Escape for my F250 for a while as she feels safer in the lifted, blacked out F250 than her 2012 Escape. Whatever makes mommy happy, I guess. I keep the commuter Volvo with me anyways so she can drive whicher she wants. Pretty sure you're talking something more pimp than any of my rides, but definitely some good father son bonding time.

Last night we had a farting contest, well he didn't know it was a contest but in my mind it was. He won already.