Microsoft question

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Aug 21, 2013.

1. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Sign up and get a loan, go back to school for any kind of degree, get it free from your school as a student.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yep, pirate that shit. Haven't seen anything microsoft has made that's worth the price they want for it. Not to metion that they have just shot themselves in the foot with his Office 365 shit.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Theft is theft. Should someone should steal your motorcycle when you go to sell it because they feel you're asking too much for it?

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

:crackhead:

5. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Paid $119 at Best Buy for the home student version when I bought my new computer. I thought that was not to expensive. YMMV

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Is star office still around?

7. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

LibreOffice

8. borgy

borgy Well-Known Member

Check with your employer, I think the office pro version cost me $10 vs $499 @ best buy.

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Thank y'all

10. joec

joec brace yourself

that right there made me lol. omg....

11. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

laptop and desktop at home use OpenOffice, MS Office here at work.

12. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

You mean everyone doesn't use Emacs(or text editor of your choice)+LaTex+Beamer for documents and presentations?

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

You could ask Siri?

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I suggested Office365 for $10 a month. That way you always have the latest and it doesn't cost as much.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fixed

I am still running Office 2000 on one computer at home. At $10 per month that would have cost $1560. I don't need the bells and whistles at home. At work, we upgrade every 5 or so years because most folks don't need the latest.

Office at the office, Open Office at home. Between laptops and desktops, I couldn't afford MS for all of them.

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

His laptop already has an OS installed.

17. :stupid:

Just because you think the price is too high, that doesn't give you the right to steal it.

18. Are you assuming they will only use Office for a year and then not need it anymore?

Last time I bought it, it was like $120. If that shit is $10 a month, it would end up costing hundreds more in the long run.

Sounds like another one of the traps companies use to get a shit-ton more money out of people. "Instead of paying $120, our new program allows you to just pay an easy $10 a month and you never have to renew".

5 years down the road, that $120 program has cost them $600...and still counting.

19. Gorecki

Gorecki verwirrt und orientierung

You're not going to get it cheap legally. Best option is to find a reseller that provides product key/key cards which can knock (what I'm seeing) 50% off the list price.

torrent versions will likely be loaded with spyware/malware and turn your system into a distribution point for something. OpenDocument stuff is great if it does what you need. Use Libre on most of my Linux boxes but don't count on it being reliable if something needs to be edited by multiple people.

20. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

The new office is a joke period