RRR Vintage Race Results

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, May 31, 2013.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Best of luck tomorrow to Joe, Charles, Steve, Mark and all the other vintage racers. Post up your reports and videos when you can. Hammer down! :up:

2. 70yamahaR5

Damn! Check the general threads, Joe is at the hospital after a bad crash in T1. We're praying hard, Joe!

3. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I was going to post earlier but ran out of time. Joe broke is leg (femur) and took a hard hit to the head. I have not heard how he is, as usual the WERA racers took care of his stuff and are getting it home for him. Prayers for healing and no issues for Joe.

It was not a good day for the Vintage crowd, there were a number of mechanicals.

4. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

wow

My rz's still in the back of my truck in ft.of my house,loaded with all my race gear.I had a bad feeling about this weekend- my engine sounds a little off after a clubman race at Jennings last weekend.I told the wife I wont go into turn one at roebling wide open unless all is well .A little voice told me to sit this one out....... My prayers go out to Joe and everyone involved.Bob, Was he on the hybrid,or the rz?

5. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Best of luck to Joe. Heal up fast and well.

Sam Williams #47 SCVR

6. Yamaha Fan

He was on the Hybrid, He was out in a Modern bike group practice.

7. promod

promod Well-Known Member

bummer-joe --i'll call later--rick-i got banned for life from rrr by track mrg. was walking my mini bike on track fri. pm with 2 guys walking the track talking w/the tatoo guy told me new riders,,,watch out in turns 1-3-5 can have bad crash in these turns i said thanks and got a serious hand shake from him,,the dude is way cool !!!!!,,,i drive back to bowies to say hello and old fat guy comes flying up to me and goes crazy screaming and cussing me for being on his track,,i said sorry i did not know,,won't happen again,,he's still mad and said g.d.it won't happen again said i was banned for life ..isaid sir i drove all the way from texas to race at your track,,he left came back w/ the cops (guy in uniform w/gun)told me if i'm here in the morn. i go str. to jail..,,i said for going on the track w/ my mini bike??????i told him thats b.s. cop said u heard me i got up 5 am and headed for summit will ride sunday..joe called .i told him what happend he was pissed then in charolet n.c. a driver cut across the front of my camper tore off the head lite panel ,,now police won't let me drive so am camped out at winnabago shop waiting for mon. to buy new front pc. now i'm really pissed at the track mrg. wreaked mine and sandy's week...all my bikes are for sale i won't go thro that again call my pals at cmra and press on i should have beat the shit out of that fat pc. of shit ,,, i did not touch him ask my pal #32. or # 150...dam i spent a lot of $$$ to end up like this........steve............................:(:(

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Damit....Pullin for Joe here....another guy broke leg too, same incident?.....hopeing the best for both.

Dam promod....I hate the track Nazi at RRR. I had a "nice" conversation with that guy last time I was there....he's way overboard on the BS.:Puke:

Sounds like my bro Tony did OK....dam that Bowie.

Also Sounds like Cook had a little tussle.

9. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Wow....what a wild weekend for the V crew....I toss a chain in turn 7 lock up my rear wheel....fun little cross up slide,anyhow that suxs steve...some bad voo-doo this weekend...bummer for joe joe hope he comes back next year,tuff bone to break and heal up quick,but knowing joe joe he will be back.......................

10. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Yeah, Doug is right. The place had a bad vibe this weekend. Hopefully it's better for the Sunday crowd.
    Turnout was light for saturday vintage. The fat track nazi was on me first thing in the morning about starting my bike. Joe goes down and is hurt, then another T1 crash and both ambulances are out. When better riders than me go down I get worried. We're on hold before Vintage ever got a practice. I almost said screw it right there. The place just didn't feel right, and its my favorite track.
    My bike was starting hard and down on power, don't know why because it was running fine at Barber. I went through all my jetting and short gearing and was still 6 secs off my normal laps times.
    Many thanks again to Jim Hinshaw for the use of his rollers or I would have entirely missed my last race. The bike is on the bench now to come apart and see whats up.
    I was planning on Cycle Jam but the bike is crap so I think thats out.

Thoughts and prayers to Joe, an all around nice guy.

Mark

#156 Well-Known Member

Trouble for me too. Bike kept spluttering in practice, Went out for v-4 and quit completely. Got back to pit and pulled tank and petcock and found what looked like silicone blocking my fuel.It was letting just enough fuel flow to where I couldn't figure it out until it blocked completely. After that bike ran fine in v-5. Strange day.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

WTF... I have never been and it sounds like it's a good thing I haven't. Because I certainly would have been banned for life also.

Prayers sent to Joe.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The management there currently will supposedly be gone at the end of this season.

Anyone else see the stupid happen with Steve?

14. 70yamahaR5

Banned for life? Yours or his? :D Sounds like he's one good Type A cardiac event away from eternity.

Next time hire Joe Barton to represent you and cut a deal.

I'm sure you won't let one bad apple ruin it all. Lots of other great people and tracks, so hang in there.

15. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I didn't see Steve's incident but with my interaction the guy acted like a bouncer at a cheap club. Definitely over the top Mr Bad Ass and uncalled for given the situation.
    Not a good representative for the track.
    Mark

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah pretty normal. More witnesses we have the better off we are in the long run.

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

My bike just stop running on lap two...dead! Jim Hinshaw dnf'ed on his 750, Reavis burns a clutch in pract , Dick made two laps of practice...weird!

Btw...def not going back to RRR while Richard is still there. The lady at the gate said he's gone in Dec.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  18. Yamaha Fan

I try and support those that support our racing so I buy fuel at tracks that carry what I need etc. trying to put money in the pockets of those that enable what we do.

After two fuel purchase interactions with Mr. Bad attitude I bring my own fuel to Roebling, My Dad has a saying about people like him;

"That guy is spring loaded in the pissed off position" ;)

19. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Yes. In my opinion, Steve was provoked.

20. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Just caught the tail end of the yelling- me, MES & Duck were getting caught up in the regular T4/Vintage area when over by the head is ProMod & track nazi "exchanging heated expressions."
    I manage people & deal with contractors on a daily basis- losing your bearing like the nazi did is no way to conduct business. Even if the other guy is blowing up, you have to be professional.

V6LW- DNF, which sucked since it was just me & Joe entered
    V5 -DNF, bike over-heating, symptoms indicate exhaust breaching cooling system. Water cooling is overrated I tells ya! GSXR ran great in Obsolete on Sunday. The rain was another story.