COTA Moto GP 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Definitely more passing in Moto 3. The 4 bike lead pack would change positions multiple times in the same turn. The one rider out of that pack that had his front wash out in T15 was entertaining before he went down.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What rules were broken exactly?

The satelite teams didn't want the rule, nor the factory teams.

The rule simply stated that a rookie cannot fly the factory colors, to think Marquez would not be receiving the same support he is now is laughable.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He would have had a full on factory bike with all the goodies regardless of what team Honder put him in if he had moved up last year. Like Bradl's bike is right now.

4. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Whats funny about it. The rule was stupid and was not in force 30 years ago when the record was set.Thats a hell of a way to keep a record, bar anyone that could break it. What you probably dont understand, the sattelite team requested Marquez be allowed to go directly to Repsol. He was backed by Repsol, and was bringing his team wherever he went, which meant sponsors were going to have to be dumped, and team members replaced.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Same one he was wearing during the Tissot presentation...

Yes, I chuckled.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The rule existed for three years. Can you name one rookie in those three years who would have had a chance to break that record if he had a factory bike? The only first-time winner I can think of in those three years was already much older when he got into MotoGP.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Marc just kicked Ass this weekend and will continue to do so All year IMO..... All the haters can keep hatin.... I'm not even a Repsol fan but I gotta hand it to the Team they dominated... However Pedrosa's comments about his Arm hurting with 6 Laps left in his Post race interview gave me the impression his excuses are starting...... I bet Marquez beats him every race all year...

8. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Ive got a thousand bucks if you're serious.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well I dont have a Thousand so its just a prediction... ; )

10. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Hundred? i will even give you odds.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think Marquez will end up beating almost everyone this year. He has seemed too smooth and consistent so far. Other ascending gods have been alot more ragged in their first year. IMO, Pedro and Lorenzo will be the only ones competing with him on a regular basis.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I posted a few years back Marquez was the real deal, and he definitely is...freaking elbow slider...kids these days...

13. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Exactly, i dont think there has been a rider period come into GP that was young enought To break the record till Marquez.

14. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

I can go along with the rationale. I don't see him walking on water as a victory celebration at the end of the seson, but I can see him finishing top 5 every race. It's only been 2 races, but he's looked like a seasoned veteran pushing for the win in both.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, if you're confident in your prediction, you don't need to have the money. :D

I don't know, Rossi must have been pretty close. And I'm sure Mladin was.

16. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

I predict that the more races Marquez wins, the more long-time rabid race fans he will attract. Fans who will have backed him ever since, you know, he started winning.

17. povol

povol Well-Known Member

18. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, i looked it up. Both Mladin and Rossi were 21 in there first year. Goes to show just how good you have to be to get in this series at 19 years old

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Not quite.

20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Melandri was 19 or 20 years old in his second year of GPs and scored two third places, closest I can think of.