COTA Moto GP 2013

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Actually, so far here it's been really chill. Literally and figuratively.

NICE facility. Already have four interviews in the bag. Colin is his usual self, as always.

-jim

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Any rumors of KS34 sightings around the area?

3. caferace

caferace No.

Not yet. A foreign journo asked a question about him in the press conference. It was a short no comment from the circuit president.

-jim

4. What's the wager?

5. Definitely. That's why I picked him to win. If it comes down to a head to head battle between them, I think MM will win it. I just used Pedrosa in my example about the slow turns leading on to the straightaways, because he's tinier than Marquez, but they both certainly get out of those type of turns really well, due partly to their small statures and partly to the characteristics of the Honda.

6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Just got into Austin with the wife and we have never been here. What should we do tonight? Thought about going to the concert at the track, but don't want to miss out on anything Austin has to offer. We fly out Monday.

7. Stay downtown! Track is 20 minutes away. Dtown is HAPPIN' !

8. ton

ton Arf!

local music scene downtown is one of Austin's big selling points.

if ya like the honkey tonk thing, a good friend of mine is sitting in on fiddle at the Continental with a good solid whisky drinkin' band.

9. GA Peeps: Turn 15 bleachers has a 100'x200' area betwen them where you can see back straight, Turns 12-15. To the right of the main gate behind food vendors (roach coaches with killer grub), there is a long low hill where you can see Turn 16-18 into front straight, but not the straight. To see it and Turn 1, you must slep a 1/4 mile, but theres a large hill and you see the entire front straight and Turn 1. The walk up to the area in front of the Turn 1 bleachers is a bitch with treadless heels or "slight inebriation". I know this. View is worth it and food and dranks are nearby.
    You will be smoked by this place.
    You will walk your ass off from the car or to view. Wear good walkers.
    The food is expensive, but very good.
    You will have tons'o fun.
    Downtown Austin is fricken epic and you will L.O.V.E. It!
    Wish I was going....dont know why I didnt go?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Caption time...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  11. Oh yeah, man with large penis!

12. If you are going to the Cota MotoGP, get one of these. They are awesome and you can rent one at the track. Go online to reserve yours for easy pickup at the FanVision kiosk. http://www.fanvision.com/

13. moregsxrs

moregsxrs Well-Known Member

Willie G's steakhouse was good. Weather is nice, a little chilly. Should be fun.

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Just got a text from a a buddy who said he was next to a jacked up Dodge pick-em-up at with a #5 sticker at a stoplight and it was Colin.

15. sptbk57

sptbk57 Well-Known Member

A pen, Back pack. Thier is alot of free hand out stuff, And a ticket holder that goes around your neck. Or one that clips to your waist. U might wana bring a rain suit or umbrella for either heat or rain. Camera, Or your phone.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lorenzo
    Rossi
    Pedro

Ducati-
    Hayden
    Dovi
    Noni
    Spies

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg