So who's gonna win first ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Biggboi, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Rossi ain't done, but Marqy will win first and more often.

2. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

Who's going to be on pole first? I'd take Marquez, but winning a race is probably a toss up still.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It could be either one but if you're going to play the odds, you have to go with Rossi. He's not going to get any better between Qatar and Valencia. He's done learning. He's just as ready to win now as he will ever be. Marquez, the other hand, has yet to complete a race on a MotoGP bike. He has the speed, but Lorenzo had plenty of speed too when he started too…

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Danica :D

For MotoGP Marquez, but Rossi gets the race win first.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Lorenzo also had a way of highsiding mightily. :D'

-jim

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Exactly. And we don't know yet that Marquez won't do that.

7. caferace

caferace No.

I suspect Marquez will not be as fragile as Pedrosa. We've seen him take some big hits and walk away in Moto2. Not so much with Dani in 250's and later.

It could be good.

-jim

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If he falls, he will not win regardless of whether he gets hurt or not. The question was who is likely to win first.

9. caferace

caferace No.

Point taken. But you can fall all you want in practice.

Within physical limits.

-jim

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Is that why they're called "practice crashes"?

11. caferace

caferace No.

I believe that would be correct. :D

-jim

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't know whether it's rider technique, electronics advancement, new tire construction, or a combination but that was a very common crash in 2007-2010 (same thing is what broke Rossi's leg) but not so much today.

13. watskooo

watskooo Well-Known Member

It was mostly fixed with tires that warm up faster so the highsides don't happen as much on the first lap or two, but it still happens. Don't forget Stoner in qualifying last year at Indy.

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Tires.

One of Lorenzo's best was in China.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. caferace

caferace No.

T5 at Laguna is not one of George's favorite corners either. It's gotta suck when you highside big time in the race, in the same corner, in the first laps, two years in a row.

-jim

16. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Im drinkin the Marquez koolaid dude....who wouldn't love to see Rossi win though.... his next win celebrating is going to be a big sign that says "remember me?"!!

17. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Money on Lorenzo for the champ, but Rossi should get regular podiums and maybe an occasional win. I wish Rossi came back and fought tooth and nail with the whole lead pack and nipped the title in the last race. It'd be great for the sport I think. But seems a difficult feat. Doubting Marquez will have enough consistency this season, but will probably be a premiere class champion soon. Pedrosa could always surprise us... just need to keep it up and relatively injury free and he could battle Lorenzo.

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm surprised how few of you have good memories. It doesn't matter how Rossi qualified, ran practice or anything else. When the race started, things changed. Whether the Ducati years have changed that or he's just getting too old, hell if I know. I wouldn't discount Rossi in a race, on his Yamaha, EVER. I hope and pray he brings back the excitement only he was capable of doing. It didn't matter if he was slower or not, better not let him get in front of you.

19. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

people have good memories.
    but they also now know, like with Drago in Rocky IV, or Mike Tyson post Buster Douglas, that hes not a machine, he's not a God, he's a man thats as fallible as anyone else on the track. If it bleeds we can kill it...
    The new generation isnt prone to the mind games that he used to play, arent intimidated when they see his number on their pitboard. They know what he's done and what he's capable of, but they seem to keep their cool and run their race.

Marquez seems super talented, he looked better than lorenzo did in his last year in 250s (when he would out qualify people by 1 second). i wouldnt be surprised if in one of the first 2-3 rounds if he picks up a win...

another thing to consider is "Whats Rossi's goal?"
    Is he back to yamaha to look at picking up another championship? Or like Mladin later in his career, is he just looking for more race wins?

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:stupid: