1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Whoo hoo. will be 30 days for me this thurs..Congratz to all of you long timers that remain smoke free. :up: :beer:

I got this whipped...:D

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wow... 6 years. I went up about 60 pounds in the 2 years after that, I'm down about 45-50 over the last year-and-a-half. 10 or 15 and I'll be back where I was before quitting.

Hard to believe it's already been 6 years, though. :)

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

3 days....a hell of a head cold with a sore throat makes not smoking easier.....of course being an expert at quitting means I know ALL the pitfalls. The biggest thing is driving by the 7/11 at 05:00am on the way to work. If I make it past there then I'm cigarette free until the same challenge on the drive home. Living in the country with no stores within 15 miles is both a blessing and a curse.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Time really flies, no doubt.

6. Hammer 4

yeah, a whole month for me..LOL :crackup:

We have 7-11's all over, I just close my eyes when I get close to one. So far I haven't crashed into anyone yet..;)

7. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Well I meant to post this last Sunday but better late than never. Anyways last Sunday 2-10-2013 at 10am I had my last cigarette. I really thought this was gonna be tough and I prepared myself for the worst. Considering I was smoking 2 packs a day for the last 5 years and smoking period for the last 10 years, I really thought it was gonna be tough. Well here I am 8 days and some change later and I feel great, don't even really have the desire to smoke. Hopefully I can kick this habit for good and save $200 a month.... Better yet spend that $200 a month on something better, maybe some racing this year. Anyways I congratulate all that have made it years without and hope I too can join that club!

8. Hammer 4

Wait...you smoke 2 packs per day, yet you only save 200.00 per month..? Cig's must be hella Cheep in your area. My wife and I smoked 1 pack each per day, that cost us approx. 340.00 per month.

Either way, props for stopping. I too thought it would be hard, although the other night, I got the cravings something fierce, but fought em off..:D

So, good luck, and welcome to the smoke free club..:up:

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Awesome!! I'm still smoke free and with the exception of a few cravings here and there it's be relatively easy.

I'm also down about 13lbs since quiting also. Changed my entire lifestyle and it made quiting that much easier.

10. Hammer 4

:up: :up:

11. buzz-06

Yup, a carton of Marlboro 72's is $35 in VA if you go to the right places. So I just averaged it at $50 a week cause I had to drive about 40 miles round trip to get em

12. Hammer 4

Monthly update...3 months as a NON smoker so far. 900.00 richer, and able to breath, and smell and taste food better than before.

W/o sounding like a nag, I sure hope those of you that still smoke consider stopping. I found out it's a waste of $$$, and it does effect your health and well being.

I would also like to thank all those for the support, and words of encouragement.

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3 months, I'd say you got it done!!!:up:

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good on ya, Hammer!

16. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

3 months here. So glad I'm not buying smokes anymore. And, no, I'm not "borrowing" any.

Congrats to all others whore are doing well without them.

17. buzz-06

5 weeks smoke free and feeling great. Guy at work walked by the other day with a lit cigarette and all I could think was "wow that smells terrible". Really enjoying this being smoke free thing. Now instead of cravings for cigarettes I get cravings for pizza. Never realized how good it tastes I suppose.

18. Hammer 4

One thing I don't care to much for with regards to not smoking is...I'm constantly Hungry...:D

19. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

This thread, and a fondness of being able to breathe, has inspired me. 4 days smoke-free, and I think I'm in the clear. Camel Snus has helped. Now I need to change my avatar.

20. Hammer 4

Good for you. The patches really helped me in the beginning. Cravings only last 3 to 5 mins...find something to keep you busy for time, and soon the cravings will go away..;)