So who is the most approchable factory rider you've met?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Dec 19, 2012.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I've been around a while...not as long as some but longer than others and was a dealer rep for a while so i had some good oppertunitys to meet alot of riders over the years.

hands down the first time i met Steve Rapp i was with my wife and he was on the Ducati in ama.

My wife and I actually had to cut him off so we could leave. LOl...every time after he was always the same.

both bostroms were always cool...eric kinda shy,ben was very cool.

Pegram was also cool.

I saw him walking down pit lane once when he was factory suzuki in his leathers and there was a privateer all by him self trying to get his bike on a stand,he casually walks up pops him up and then keeps walking.dude didnt even realize who it was.

Ive met a bunch of douch bags too.

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Danny Eslick. Haha

Actually Geoff May was cool too.

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Blake Young...but he knows if he disses me I will slap him upside his cheesehead!!

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

actually,Spencer back in the day was pretty approachable.So was Rainey and Schwantz

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

What about Jake Lewis?

:D

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

That little dick?? Yeh him too! ;)

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Dave Aldana

8. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Had an altercation with John Hopkins and his wife Leslie at LAX one day.

It ended with us becoming buds and setting us up with full access hard cards for the MotoGP race at Laguna. Sadly he was down with injury that weekend from the killer kwakker but he treated my son and I like royalty. Even took us into the Kawi garage to witness the team in full action.

:)

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Does it have to be a Factory rider? Everybody I've ever met in the AMA paddock was cordial and took the time to at least say hello, some it's hard to get away from!

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Keith Amor. I met him at the 2010 TT when I'd barely ever heard of the event - he was just chilling watching an onboard in the Monster tent. Talked me through the whole damn thing, not once did I realize who he was.

11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Dave Sadowski introduced himself to me one time.

While getting Rapp's signature at NOLA I mentioned airplanes and we ended talking for close to 30 minutes.

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:beer:

13. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed meeting Hodgson. Especially when he called Mladin a prick.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Acree a factory rider?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can't speak for Lee, but I'm not.

Mladin was nice to me when I spoke to him at Barber. :D

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Jake Zemke. Dude is one of the ones who always seems to genuinly just love being there and would damn near do it for free if he had to.

Ive seen his mechanics have to pull him away from fans to get ready to race lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  17. Josh Hayes did a track walk and info session at Barber in 07, and was really cool and down to earth.

18. SteveW414

SteveW414 Well-Known Member

Jake Zemke.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Zemke would be one of the tops ones. He overheard me telling my wife (who is a big fan of his) not to bug him (he was all sorts of busted up and still bleeding) and he came over, introduced himself, spoke with her and asked me to take a picture of him with her. Way cool.

Another awesome one is Jamie James. I'd argue if he's not the coolest, he's in the running for the title.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Tom Kipp and Scott Russell