1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Proven Gloves

Discussion in 'General' started by rraiderr, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Perrons. :D

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Suburban Rancher votes Held Phantoms. Says they're the best gloves he's ever owned. :up:

3. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Lowside at 100+:

I was pleasantly suprised after getting up and dusting myself off that I still had my palm-hide fully intact.

Attached Files:

4. :up:

I crash tested the same pair of Biomechs twice and they are still in great condition (and more importantly, so are my hands).

My favorite part is that they are really comfortable and the feel is excellent with them. I dont like gloves that feel like im wearing bricks.

5. My only issue with the A* GP gloves is the lack of the sliders in the palms (aka KNOX Scaphoid protectors).

I agree they are very durable. I crashed in a pair, instinctually put my left hand out and now I have a Titanium plate and several screws in my scaphoid/wrist. Not to mention several hours of surgery, 6 weeks off work and many hours of ridiculous physical therapy just so i could touch my thumb to my pinky.

But at least the gloves held up great...

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup: :crackup:

7. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Handroids end of story.

8. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Held. RS Taichi GP Evo or Knox Handroid

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

REV'IT!'s gloves. I don't like the Handroids, too much fancy plastic shit on the outside. The way I crash, it'd all just snap off.

I wore REV'IT! everything during my TT crash. 150mph on the Mountain, tumbled the whole way down the road til I stopped and crawled off the track (no calm sliding). Helmet look like I did 150mph break-dancing on my face. Knuckles of the gloves looked like I went 9 rounds with Tyson in the Iron Man suit. Ended up with a broken scaphoid, broken metacarpal and cracked metatarsil.

Now, yes, I came away with a hand injury.. but all things considered I'm STILL unilaterally recommending this glove. The thing I like the best about it is that the hard parts on it (knuckle protectors, wrist protector etc) aren't simply hard injection-molded plastic, like every A* GP Tech wannabe out there. They're aluminum-skinned honeycombs, meaning that the gloves absorb impacts in exactly the same way helmets do: by deforming and absorbing the impact energy, instead of simply distributing it.

I'll find a picture, I've got one somewhere. It's crazy.

10. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of the best rs taichi gloves at indy. They are really nice... Never crashed in them though. They how ever have the Knox scaphoid protector.

11. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

+1

12. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

X2, there are a ton of options out there and experiences and opinions differ but I have no issues to date with my GP-Pro's. Brett at A* resolved a small issue very promptly so they stand behind the product.

13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I've had good luck with A-Stars GP Pro gloves. I'm on my 2nd pair after a pretty exciting get off at Pahrump a couple years ago. My only complaint is they're stiff as all hell initially and take a long time to get broken in.

14. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Trickle down quality.

15. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty spectacular at that too haha

The first one just gets rid of all the useless shit. After that they're good to go! :)

Been racing for two years with the same set of handroids. Had a 140kmh crash in may being rear ended, and two more 150+ crashes tucking the front in August and september. Plus two last season.

Not even thinking about replacing the gloves yet. Every pair of a* gloves I've owned had fingers and threads falling apart without even binning it.

[​IMG]

You would never know what these have been through with me just looking at them

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  16. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

The high end Japanese stuff is still made in Japan (RS Taichi/Kushitani). I believe, that Dainese now makes everything in Africa... If it's made in China, Africa or Pakistan, I have a hard time trusting the product...

***I do like Scorpion Helmets however!!!:)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  17. The only part I have ever seen come off of the Handroids is that name plate on the back (for those who don't know, it doesnt serve any purpose as far as protection, it is just a name plate). If i remember correctly, i think the newer models have something different, but im not sure.

Regardless, i always take that plate off before i wear them. I like to see the little finger protection things going in and out; it is cool to me...like a robot hand. :D

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I dig how folks often try to get more than one crash out of their gloves.

No chick is gonna take care of you when you're ugly and your hands are fucked up.

Whores. :D

19. I don't try to get more than one crash out of a set. Meaning if they are damaged, i replace them. But if i can get 2 crashed out of a set, i will do so.

As long as they protect my hands, i dont give a shit if they dont last through more than 1 crash. But if they can, awesome.

In other words, i dont automatically throw them away because they have been crashed in. That is only tires. :D I wont ride on a set of tires that has been crashed on due to the bad JuJu...it doesnt matter how old/new they are.

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

You try that shit with your helmet too.