VIR Aug 4-5 questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by fixerflyer, Jul 27, 2012.

1. fixerflyer

fixerflyer Well-Known Member

First time going to VIR and I have a few questions.

What time does the gate close on Friday?

What are the gate fees?

Are 12 and under free?

Is there an additional fee for camping?

See you at the track!

2. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

3. fixerflyer

Thanks for the info, I was not sure if the same fees apllied when WERA rents the track.

Anyone know what the gate fee will be?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

$20 for the weekend. Ticket sales close at 10 (might be midnight, I'll as the boss when she gets up). Once you have your wristband the gate is open all night. 12 and under are free. Not sure on camping in the paddock - pretty sure it's free but power costs.

5. fixerflyer

Thank you Sean. Awaitng the word from the boss.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Hey Sean, did Emily mention bringing my beacon up that I left at Roebling? I'll promise to have a warm PBR waiting for you...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's still in the truck and I'm bringing that up behind the rv instead of the Jeep. I'll try to remember to double check tomorrow (if you want to email me a reminder tomorrow or Tuesday goferit).

8. Peter.BoyWonder

Peter.BoyWonder I can't afford this shit.

Hi,

Hey what are the gate fees for 2013? Are there separate fees for VIR and WERA? I'd like to just come be a spectator on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  9. kruizen

kruizen Well-Known Member

Sean I was charged $30 a person? Is that because I ask too many questions?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D Nice meeting you this morning Eric - as you figured out it's $10 per day so even after racing last night it was $30.

Peter - not sure how VIR is doing their end of things. Our rider/crew ticket is I believe $15 for Sunday only. I'll try to get an answer for you today but I will be busy so no promises.