1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brad Burns- AMA - DQ'd for cheating

Discussion in 'General' started by birdie56, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

I love all this outrage, I truly do, but when a org is proactive people bitch, when they are reactive they bitch and come up with suggestions after the fact.

2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

:crackup:

3. Handicapped Racer

Then none of you should have a problem coming through tech after each SS race for the remainder of the year.........Correct?

4. crazywolf450r

I'm fine with the org being proactive. I think there should be a true post race tech inspection.

5. crazywolf450r

No problem at all.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'll race my SV677 in superstock this weekend. Just like the good old days....

7. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

We do that in CCS. Top 3, every SS race. If you think you're in the top 5 you'd better go, because they DQ people who don't show. Cost me my first podium ever because I didn't think I was 3rd.

So.... yep, correct.

8. Handicapped Racer

Then there should be no issue with riders being fined for not having their bikes properly wired and proper number placement, also there shouldn't be an issue for being pulled off the grid for the likes of Brembo Master Cylinders and double bubble shields.

9. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or are we expecting someone who told and helped someone else cheat that they should be honorable and not snitch? Isn't instructing someone to cheat in the first place pretty telling of their character?

10. chuckbear

Fined? :crackup:

Do you think people get paid for this shit? You know that these orgs depend on riders being able to spend money racing with them, right?

And people with Brembo masters and double bubbles would be caught in tech, what's the point spending extra time as riders are getting on track trying to police them? On the other hand, people get pulled off for slicks in SS, so if you catch them then go for it. Most of us aren't cheating. NBD.

11. chuckbear

What happened to a code amongst criminals?! If criminals can't trust each other, who can they trust?!

:crackup:

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ya man, them snitches is bitches and get stitches and end up in ditches....Yo....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

For club racing yes we know this. And that is why when I'm paying my good hard earned money and there is a cheater around I want them off the track and fined so they don't do it again or the fine goes up and up and up and up.

14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Fined? No.

DQ'd? Sure.
    Safety wire is a big deal, IMO.

I'm not going to say that there wasn't some cheating going on when I was racing. But as you all travel down the slippery slope, you all gotta admit that there's a huge difference between a missing airbox and an extra 150 cc.

15. ton

ton Arf!

number placement and wiring is partly the responsibility of tech to catch the things we forget. tech shouldn't be expected to catch things that are illegal because they haven't the time to police every bike for every class entered.

so... absolutely if a DB or a Brembo gets noticed on the grid, people should be pulled off.

16. Handicapped Racer

and there you have it!

So there's an acceptable level of cheating by your standard brembo MC in a SS class and 750 in a SS class. both cheating but since one is a smaller version of breaking of the rules it's ok? LMAO!

What the point of spending the extra time. Good question, maybe I can ask that expert 1000 rider that was about to head out on course after a red flag during the endurance at the gnf. The same rider who was missing the bottom brake pad caliper pin and the top one was about to fall out. Yes I'll talk to him, luckily I was spending the extra time check his bike out while it was sitting against the wall while he was in his pit and not allowed to be anywhere near his bike during the red Flag. SMH

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I can't speak for Chuckbear, but I think the point he was trying to make (and definitely, the point I was trying to make) is this: If you get caught cheating, take your DQ like a man. It doesn't matter what it was for. However, some cheating causes justifiable outrage amongst fellow racers... like a 750 in a 600. Other cheating, albeit still cheating, doesn't cause the outrage. Like a double bubble in SS.

18. chuckbear

No, there is no "acceptable" level of cheating. Did you not miss where I agreed that the top 3 in SS should go to tech after a race? Don't you think a Brembo MC and double bubble would stand out at tech? Beyond that, it's up to the other racers to police that stuff. No, there is no acceptable level of cheating. Cheating is cheating. Some stuff is not practical to police, but some is. That's where protests come in. It's silly to check every rider after (or before) every SS race. As Mongo has pointed out continually, time is a precious commodity for an org during a race weekend.

Please show me where I said you shouldn't look at a bike for safety issues as bikes come out on track. Is a Brembo MC a safety issue? A double bubble? Come bring some apples over to compare to the other apples.

You're trying really hard to find an argument here. I'll wait here for your next attempt.

Edit: Btw, some bikes (R6, Triumps, Ducs, and more I'm unaware of) come stock with Brembos. That little bit of rules is made even harder to enforce as riders come on track as a result. Again, it's something that can be handled back at tech where part numbers can be cross-referenced if a rider podiums, and it can be handled by a protest otherwise.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Just because they check our bikes in the morning doesn't mean they can check every bike after you changed out tires, brakes, etc. How would you ever be able to keep up with that?

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I know there are some 1st gen SVs in superstock with 2nd gen cams in them. Even though it's an illegal mod, I personally don't have an issue with it. It gets the bike up to a compettitve level with the gen 2 SV. These days we need as many bikes on the grid as we can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.