1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV, just sayin...

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by mmfoor, Jul 8, 2012.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Not ready to drop this in classified yet, but if I can swing it I will have an SV next season. Don't care if it's a 1st gen, 2nd, or 19th.
    I had so much fun at the last endurance round on the Yo! bike that I need to step up to the big SV power! I'll keep the EX for clubman and V5.
    Any of you know of a solid mount that will be available after this season, it's not too early to start talking!
    Plus the Yo! team could prolly use a backup SV.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Keeping fingers crossed that Kawi pays next year.
    That's all I'm sayin :D

3. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Morris, hit me up. All mine are going bye bye after the Oct

4. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Send a PM to Dave (83BSA). He has a very nice one.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Come to the dark side. You were there before......

I have no idea how someone says an SV doesn't suit them. I bet you had a set up issue on the 2nd gen you had a few years ago.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

So was I, and I would never go back.
    The SV did not suit me at all. Superbike build and all.
    I was constantly faster on a fairly stock engined 650R, than I ever was on my SV

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I'll talk at you next time I see you, prolly Tally right?

I got really frustrated. Paid a ton for a total rebuild, had Tman set and freshen the suspension both ends, experimented with many different tire brands. The thing would still pogo on sweepers after a few hot laps. I shoulda taken it to computrack. I lost my shorts by selling and in hindsight prolly one of the dumbest things I've ever done now that I want another. Riding the Yo endurance SV was sweet; none of the handling gremlins that were present on mine.

Wish there were more of them out there to have some sort of used market.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Is the Yo bike a 1st gen or a 2nd gen? IMO, the 1st gens seem to give you a better feel...

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I sell you our if you like Kwak :)

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I may sell mine at the end of the season....thinking about 600's next year. Thinking.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

good.....

:)

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

The SV doesn't suit me. I might sell Morris the Yo bike, lemme think about it.

1st gen.

I'm seriously thinking 675, I rode one a few weeks ago and man that thing was sweet.

13. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Morris I have and 03 with 600 miles on it. All the goodies including full suspension brembo vortex sharkskinz ect....

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What no suit?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Better start saving for tire $$$$ :D

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

600's are ghey, your such a phag!

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Trade you a sweet ass crf100 and some jingle for it :)

18. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So you and I gonna dust it up in LWTs next year???

Kurt, I have a bunch more audio gear worth way more than some stinkin' Honda!:D

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I dunno what I'm going to do at this point. At some tracks I'm almost as fast on the 250 as I am on the SV, it shouldn't be that way. Need to try some changes on the SV to see if I can make it suit me a little better.

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I thought your SV was easy to get a grip on. But different bikes fit different folks, maybe why the EX works for me.
    The 250 works well for you for sure. Maybe you should have a spare new gen in your stable instead of bikes you don't ride (although Jason and I want you to get that EX500 going!)