1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best phone....need advice.

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Just bought an Iphone the other day....everyone reccommended it at work.
    I think I have a week to get out of it, and get something else.

I am losing my eyesight, and can't see anything on the screen....way to small.
    My ex had a huge phone, liked it but the body of it was kinda big.

I need a phone about the same diminsions as the iphone, but a way bigger screen....and needs to be easy to use, for non-tech person.
    I really cant see anytthing on my screen (texts/etc)

TY

2. socal

socal Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with the I-Phone. Very happy with the Samsung Charge and the larger font. The phone is bigger than the I-Phone but not by much.

3. SpeedyE

That's exactly what I need.
    I signed a contract so I think I am stuck w/ AT&T....not sure.

These are the phones they have, but I have zero clue what any of them are or do
    http://www.att.com/shop/wireless.html

4. tito

tito Well-Known Member

get a Samsung galaxy.....and who are you with? Motorola and HTC are the other two that make really big screens.

5. SpeedyE

AT&T....I have a week to decide. I don't know if I can get out of the contract.
    I am paying $107 w/ 5g, wi-fi, insurance, w/ fire department discount. It was the best deal I could find and thought I wanted an iphone. I like it and it is easy to use, but I cant see anything on the screen

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stop worrying about the phoneand get your eyes fixed. Advice on which braille phone to buy might not be a high traffic thread on the beeb.

7. SpeedyE

LOL! You R right.

They wont let me leave work for a couple hours.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

You can change the font size for text & email, etc......

9. :stupid:

I've gone through a couple of these with a couple of different carriers (mostly from changing job locations and looking for better carrier service). It's tough as all hell and a much bigger screen than the iphone without being over done. Works like a champ. Batteries die out in about 8 months but are easily and cheaply replaced without having to buy another phone. If you put a hard case on it the phone seems too big.

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You can also use the zoom in and out.

My answer is supposed to be a Windows Phone 7. I run a iPhone 4. I'm waiting for windows phone 8.

11. SpeedyE

what is windows phone? my ex was saying something about it once....said it might be easy for me to use

12. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Best you're going to find currently is a Google Galaxy Nexus

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Why are you guys giving him good advice after he jerked us around on that other thread? :Poke:

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Settings/Genreal/Accessibility/Large Text(switch from off to 20pt to 56pt text)

In that area you can also switch to white on black text.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

I also think you have up to a month to cancel the contract with any carrier.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That seems to work for some stuff. Another issue I had was wanting to read things like the beeb and the font being too small. I hated zooming in and scrolling side to side. I downloaded Atomic Lite as a browser and it has quick keys for increasing and decreasing the font size.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Professional doesnt have two F's in it.:p

18. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

19. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Sounds like you need one of these...

[​IMG]

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is a great phone that rivals it IMO. However the S3 is coming out next week and looks to be pretty awesome. Sounds to be better than the iPhone and HTC. They've sold over 3 million of them in Europe already and demand is so high in the US, they pushed the release date back a week (it was supposed to come out this week).