1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yates to wildcard at Indy MotoGP on CRT bike

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 20, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I left it in the shitter after lunch. I took a picture of it and txt'd it to a couple friends. If you'd like I can post it here too.

2. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

+1

Where's Hacking's ride BTW?

3. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Where's Mladin?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He said he was too big for a full prototype back when he was 50 pounds lighter. Think is going to raise a CRT now? :D

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The photos from when he was at Sears look like he ate a CRT. Looks like "Harden the f@ck up" Chopper now.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

She's out shopping.

7. Thors Hammer

Thors Hammer Well-Known Member

Found this on the Book of Faces with Google.

Yates finished the race for us with the fastest lap of the race, running a 1:30.03 on a six hour old front tire

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Nothing to lose for Aaron, where a guy who still has aspirations of GP's doing it on an unknown CRT could be a disaster.

GO AARON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Awesome!! And with a GSXR1000 engine at a race I plan on seeing in person! :up:

10. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

OH... SNAP

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was fortunate enough to work with BEi Racing/Dunlop Development at Road Atlanta in the pits. Billy, Tim, Opie, and Aaron were all cool guys... And listening to him him talk about setup was something out of this world.

How he did? Great... Like he never missed a beat. Yes he could have gone faster but lots of bikes with varying closing speeds (SV650's) on track make it tough. Not to mention your trying to run sub 30's on a bike with 7 gallons of fuel sitting way up high.

To give credit where credit is due though... Billy, Tim, and Opie are not small guys, or young guns. They all set a pretty blistering pace, and carried it through each of their stints. While it was cool to have Yates, I was just as impressed with those guys as a team. They all rode a great race.

Very briefly, Scott Russell swung by also.

12. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Yo eggfoo, remember this?

Time: 3:47 am

"hey Tommy, where's your mom?"

:crackup:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Tim was pitted a few garages down from us at the last CCS round up here and came over to offer some setup help with one of my buddy's GSXRs. To say he is not small is most certainly an understatement. Very cool dude though.

15. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Factory Effex Rider Support Program. ;)

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Yep.. Big Un' is good people. :up:

17. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

This accomplishes exactly what besides cluttering up the track for the prototypes? It's not like Yates is going to do much on a track he hasn't ridden, on a bike nobody knows about.

I'm seriously not trying to be a dick about this either.. I'm just trying to understand what this can possibly accomplish?

18. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

I remember him specifically passing me! Multiple times!! It was awesome!!

:bow::beer:

19. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Pfffffft.....if I remember correctly I lost to his sister many moons ago. :D

20. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Don't feel bad dude.....his sister is a Cylon. :cool: