Sabotage at Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by arlaetxa, May 16, 2012.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That's below low. Potentially putting someone's safety in jeopardy like that.

2. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

At the last ccs round at jersey, me and my teammate with our bikes 2 feet from each other had the front sprocket nuts go missing. Didn't notice til we went out for the first race of the day at the same time. My sprocket came off on pit lane. his stayed on the sipes for the whole race, didn't notice til he came back in. I hadn't touched my front sprocket in over a year raced 6-7 weekends and had the lock washer properly on. I find it hard to believe it was a coincidence that both of ours came off at the same time.

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

It does make one's blood boil to hear of that sort of thing. GoPro's: Easy to hide and useful for capturing more than just your on-track experience.

4. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

There are plenty of assholes out there and it wouldnt be funny if it happened to them. I always put my bike and equipment in the trailer when i leave the track.

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Werd. 32gb card, and a snapshot every 15-30 seconds...that thing can go for days.

6. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

A few years back someone stuck a rag in a guys fuel tank a Miller, didnt know it till his bike dies in the middle of the race. That kind of behavior is grounds for immediate beat down if caught.

7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Unbelievable! These a-holes are literally messing with your life. Should be locked up and sodomized.

8. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

I've got a driveway alert motion alarm and network cameras now...

9. brianspeed3

brianspeed3 Well-Known Member

Its a good thing I am slow anyway so no reason to mess with my stuff: :D
    That is a bunch of BS though. I always put a locking cover over my bike at night for this reason though. There are too many other things going through our head at a race, we should not have to worry about stuff like this at the track. We were at a track day and someone did this to someone elses bike. AT A TRACK DAY!!! WTF

10. I was there as well. After the first race on Sunday I noticed my forks had been bottoming out. Turns out someone took almost all of the preload out of them and jacked with the rebound. :mad:

11. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Stories like these really shock me. Call me naive, but I have always assumed that racers were a unique brotherhood (to quote a previous poster). I leave my bike unguarded in the pits and garage at Miller all the time and have never imagined that anyone would even touch it. Messing with a guys equipment is totally off limits - its not a joke or horseplay. Your life depends on it.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Or perhaps just some completely moronic fan/hanger-on that saw some knobs and just started turning?

I sort of doubt that, but I've seen that thing happen with a friend who just bought an Ohlins shock preset for his particular bike: he came home to find his roommate just spinning knobs just becasue they were there.

Either way it a completely f'ed up situation.

I think that if you catch someone doing that the person should be "detained" and the police called to arrest them.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

A lot of the supposed sabotage is really shit coming loose on it's own. It does happen, even to bikes that are kept locked up...

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Alextra, what kind of bike was it? Our R6 had one fork leg that was changing. Unfortunately, it took awhile to figure out. Doesn't happen any longer, and it wasn't sabotage.

15. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Sabotage makes this thread more appealing.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In a reality show kind of way.

17. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

It makes my blood boil to think of people messing with other people's shit. Like the time I was walking back from another pit late at night and caught some guys saran wrapping Lever's camper...oh wait, that one was funny :D

18. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Scripted?

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seriously!

I mean last weekend the guy who's leading several classes in CCS blew his clutch in one of the first races of the day. Our buddy had a spare clutch pack and gladly offered it since he didn't have a spare. And we all lend out things to help other people (competitors included) get back out on the grid. Shit, someone crashes and we all swarm around the bike to help get it back together.

When you hear shit like this its just unbelievable.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Predictable