Stoner v. Rossi Here we go again

Discussion in 'General' started by The Dung Beetle, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Gotta agree.

I like Stoner. His ego may have swelled but he deserves a little room after the accomplishments. We all love a humble champion but drama puts butts in chairs and sells tickets.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Pedrosa was injured half the season and Dovi doesn't have the talent to be WC. Put Casey, Jorge, Rossi and Spies on the same bikes (preferably the Suzuki). That would make things interesting.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This....... Ryan has it right.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Every rider in the paddock has admitted publicly to being gobsmacked by Stoner's ability. Including Rossi. For every incident of Stoner doing or saying something disagreeable you can find two where Rossi did the same. Just ask Sete. :p

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Stoner is a great rider. But he will never be as loved as Rossi. Why? Because Rossi loves life and loves his fans. He is always smiling and warm. Stoner is second only to Pedrobot on the "life is miserable" look chart. Add to the fact that even in winning Stoner is not gracious. That is why no matter how many championships or race wins Stoner gets, he will NEVER be loved like Rossi.

6. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

he has the #1 plate on his bike. why does he give a fuck what anyone, including Rossi, has to say? he should keep quiet and use his race wins next year as a rebuttal to anyone's opinion of his riding ability.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I agree with what every single person has said in every single one of these threads. Stoner is a faster rider, Rossi has sold more tshirts. How much longer until Qatar (or wherever the first race is)?

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:wow: You're no fan. Now pick a side, c^nt! :D

10. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

i dont get it, you agree with his comment, then call it bullshit??

the opperative word being COULD.

doesnt mean he did, or should have or deserved it or anything else.... his comments relate to the fact had he been on a better bike he COULD have won another title, not should have....

the dacati seems to have changed about 3/5th of fuck all while casey was riding it, ducati were always more interested in obtaining a "better" rider then actually focusing on stoner as their rider. so stoner jumps ship, ducati get their "dream" rider and the whole fuggin steaming pile of shit thats masked as a GP bike, changes into a whole NEW steaming pile of shit all of a sudden, and it still got nowhere.

i think casey was right in what he said. he's fast as fuck and given the bike works right for him, he'll be the one you can bet on to bring it home for the win.

cheers.joe.

11. Just because I agree that he probably would have done better on a Honda, doesn't mean that I think its a good idea to make a bitchy statement like he did.

12. lqdgrphcs

lqdgrphcs Active Member

Stoner needs to stop whining and ignore Rossi's comments. He just sounds like a bitch. I pulled for Stoner when he first hit GP's and was on a satellite honda and getting to the front. He has mad talent but zero personality. Does he need personality to do his job...no. That being the case just shut up, ride, play with your first born, and wax your hot wifes' ass.

13. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

He made an accurate statement, he could have won another title. Who gives a shit anyway, he will still wipe the floor with Rossi's ass in 2012. :Poke: :D

14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'd side with Rossi. I got into racing when he was the GOE2 (Greatest OF Early 2000's), and it was a trip watching him race. I was a big Stoner fan in 2006. I was damn impressed with the way he rode even early in his rookie season. When he hopped on the Duc and was passed constantly in the corners by Rossi and then would make up 10 bikelength gaps on the straight, I wasn't all that impressed. I don't like watching higher horsepower bikes win races. But it was his reaction to similar attacks after that first championship that lost me as a fan, though I'm no less impressed by his obvious riding abilities.

15. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:crackhead: :Poke: :crackhead:

Dearist Cousin:

Then, please explain, to all of us neophites, who is.... :rolleyes: :crackup:

Evidently, we know llittle about racing.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

He's the South Park Goth Kid of MGP.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So... Who is it you guys hate more now, Dany or Casey?

Seriously....

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

But yet, how many threads did you fire up when VR made those critiques?!?!

Personally, I think you guys need to let your 'bulge', for the kid, subside, he's not really saying anything off the wall as others have made.

Also, regarding your 2nd post (I think), CS didn't say he "would" as you quoted in your 1st post, he said he "could have".....big difference.

BTW- This is a prime example of how you haters see what y'all wanna see, he could say, "It's bad to kick little puppies." And y'all would read, "I like kicking puppies."

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is funny how Stoner can say the same things about Rossi that Rossi said about him - and Stoner is now a classless asshole.... :crackup:

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am not defending Stoner. But if Rossi is indeed saying what Stoner implies, the game is on.