Bike guys? Indoor trainer what one.

Discussion in 'General' started by hrc_nick_11, Jan 18, 2011.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Big bucks $450 plus shipping

2. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

Fluid 2 yep

+1 on the fluid 2

3. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Rollers for sure.

15 minutes on rollers is worth 30+ on a stationary trainer. The benefit is huge for your riding and really smoothes out your pedaling.

Put them in a doorway if you need to.

I can now watch movies while on the rollers.

They are fun too. You can play a game with how close you can get to the edges. Practice drinking from your water bottle, one handed, no handed, etc...I had a heck of a time getting into full aero on my tt bike.

Makes those winter rides easier and safer too as your bike handling skills will improve greatly.

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Look like I'll be getting the Fuild 2 Soon as I can get a hold of Blue Ridge. (email, on the way)

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

A trainer for her is like donuts for me.........only the good stuff.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks, waiting on a call from my supplier.:up:

7. hrc_nick_11

At that price, I'm surprized more people are not ordering them too. Tis the season you know.

8. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

+1 otherwise see if there is a deal like this near you. I've been doing it all off season and it is the way to go and gets rid of the bordem of riding a trainer;
    http://thefixstudio.com/index.html

9. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Sold, will be here next week. :up:
    $400.00, local bike shop.

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I just picked up a fluid trainer for dirt cheap (and free shipping). Pretty excited. Does anyone use training blocks and shoes or just their regular kicks and books and blocks?

11. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I really hate solid trainers (way way prefer rollers). Glad you got your Nashbar/PB New Year's sale price ;)

I use a block under the front wheel, but it could just as easily been a half-block cinderblock. I do get geeked up with the pants and shoes (the shoes make a hell of a difference pulling your feet through the entire pedal motion, should feel kindof like you're trying to pull the loops out of carpet with golf shoes/cleats, IMO).

The bike shorts with some real padding work well - I've got some PIs I've had for a while now that I really like if I'm on the torture device (rollers/trainer) for over 20 min (usually an hour).

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

It seemed too good to pass up. ;) Just got a different tire. Was thinking of a block and shoes, but I can use my cross training shoes and shorts. The local bike shop has a Wednesday night BYOB trainer night and they pedal for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

What I want to see is WERA jersey image.

13. hrc_nick_11

My bike has the old school strap-in pedals. My old mag trainer came with a block for the front tire, I just kept it.

14. scott65

The Rock & Roll is the bomb !!
    Money well spent. I don't dread jumping on it.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Kurt Kinetic. I have the hydraulic one. Just spend the money on it, it's worth it. You can find decent ones used on eBay. I got mine about $60 off because it'd been used as a demo in a mall for a couple hours.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I always ride with cycling shoes, so I always use my cycling shoes with the trainer. I use a trainer block, they're like $20 and worth the price, it holds the front tire better and has variable height adjustment.

17. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

I know - its awesome. I spend much more time on the trainer this year. I wouldn't own another one.

18. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Got a fluid 2 kit on CL that had barely been used for $125. So far it seems to fit the bill.

19. V2Neal

V2Neal Well-Known Member

I had a Kurt and it was a good peice of equipment, but I ended up trading it for a set of cranks. I can't stand to do anything in one place. Get me outside, I need movement, scenery, falling down and shit.

Good Luck to the OP though. :beer:

20. scott65

Same here, I can fall down with the best of 'em. :crackup: