Winchester SX3......

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Squid, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Anyone besides Kelly have one? Thoughts?

Thinking about picking one up in 28" wood, 12 ga. There's one BNIB that I can get pretty cheap, and I figured it would make a nice dedicated clay gun. I already have 2 other auto's, but what's one more, this thing is LIGHT! :D

2. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

I always thought light guns were best in the field, since you lug it around for hours and shot it 3 times.

3. Captain Squid

It's crazy how light it is compared to my 11-8. I think it would do pretty damn good shooting clays, among other things but that would be it's primary use

4. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Good God, your like a damn woman. Just buy the gun and be happy.

5. Captain Squid

What's wrong with being a woman? :D

6. TrackStar

Nothing if your pretty. Your not.

7. Captain Squid

:(

Sick burn brah :D

8. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Before I bought my Benelli, I was researching the SX3. I wound up with the Benelli for reliability reasons; my father-in-law has a Super Black Eagle that he has hunted/shot clays with for over a decade (and the man hunts waterfowl every single day of every single season) without a single misfire.

9. TrackStar

The SBE is a great gun, I just couldnt deal with the recoil as much as I shoot. Guideing waterfowl every day was brutal with that gun.

I have 40 or 50 cases of 3.5 mag through my SX3's with no problems.

10. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Really?!? I've shot that thing plenty of times with 3.5" shells, and I didn't think it was bad at all! I got a Super Vinci, and it kicks a little less than the SBE.

11. TrackStar

Shoot the gun sitting flat on your butt with your legs straight in front of you about 40 times a day. Thats how we have to shoot coming out of layout blinds.

I can shoot about anything all day standing.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

13. Captain Squid

Don't encourage him :D

Well, I quit being a woman and picked it up, super stoked about it :D Can't wait to get home, I don't care how dark it is, I'm blasting something! :D :D :D

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I've got the FN SLP which is pretty close but the SX3 is a bit lighter (alloy receiver vs steel on the SLP). but it's a runner. really like mine a lot. also have an 1187 but rarely shoot it now that I have the SLP. will probably put a rifled barrel on one of them and use it for slugs... :)

15. Captain Squid

Have an 11-87 and I'm not too fond of it. I know they make a "speedloader" for it but I think it's the dumbest thing ever to have a button to push when loading EACH shell.

It's just in a bad spot, IMO

16. Captain Squid

Bumping this back up, anyone know of a place besides Winchester I could get a synthetic black stock/foregrip for it? It's currently got a wood set of it, with a gunmetal barrel, but I think it would be titties to have it black.

Winchester says I have to send the gun in and have the stock and foregrip installed by them. :rolleyes:

17. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

You're

:D

**Holy crap, didn't realize this thread was this old. I think the statute of limitations for correcting grammar expired 3 months ago. haha

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012