Damn it!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone took one of my outside hang out with cats to the damn cat jail while I was away.

Daisy had a home but just went outside to hang out. Friendliest damn cat in the world and some do gooder got her thrown into jail.

They open at 12 and if she's there, I'm going to go bail her out.

Oh, we named my other outside hang out cat Buckwild. Fitting name. :D

Vent over.

2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

someone needs to up his dosage of crazy pills

3. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Dave's pissed, The beebs will be good today!

Bring Daisy a dime bag of nip, she's sure to need some calming down.

4. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I have about 18 here in DC...
    when ever working on shit in my driveway/garage I have to keep an eye out, because they will run inside the house then chillout under the car and never leave...

Swing on down and take them all...
    Mostly tabys, and a few all black, all grey and black and white mix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Why do people who "own" outdoor cats think that it's acceptable for them to roam through and shit on my lawn; drive my dogs crazy by sitting outside my side door on our porch, and reek havoc with traffic by running across the street at random?

if my dog was running free and hanging out in your yard, that wouldn't be tolerated. I don't understand the distinction. Perhaps someone on the cat side of things can explain this for me.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Simple, if your dog was cool and wanted to hang out with me when I'm sitting on my stoop, cool as f@ck!

8. Spyderchick

We have feral cats in our neighborhood, along with a bunch of random strays. I don't approve of it.

However, there are some people in the neighborhood who have 'adopted' these cats by letting them sleep in their garages or under the porch and making sure they have food and water.

So they don't have owners, just caretakers as it were.

So these folks don't actually own the cats, just make sure they're not starving. Is it bad or good? Probably more bad, but no one wants to see them euthanized, which some would be if 'the man' got a hold of 'em.

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

You don't really own an outdoor only cat. You feed it and it hangs around.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Buck and Daisy are not outside cats. They have a home and are not starving or any of that. They just like to go outside and come over and hang out with me. Buck usually goes home after a few hours of hanging but Daisy likes to go visit her other peoples.

They aren't doing anyone any harm and honestly, they make me happy and keep me from giving you all grief. lol!

11. naya the dingo

naya the dingo Well-Known Member

Catch them one at a time and take them to the SPCA to have them spayed or neutered for free, then release them after they heal. If they can't reproduce, you won't have as many feral cats in the future.;)

12. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

The pack size will keep increasing and eventually they'll be caught and euthanized unless somebody does the catch/spay-or-neuter/release program.

13. Spyderchick

They don't last that long, no more than 2 years as a rule. The coyotes eventually get them. We have a goodly sized pack of them living in the city. Then there's the hawks and the owls. The only thing over-running the eco system right now is the deer.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Cats suck. Dogs are where its at.

15. John29

The biggest problem with cats vs. dogs is, they cannot be contained by a simple fence.

My cats (Rossi, Kurtis, Kenny, Nicky and Sete) have access to an enclosed outdoor habitat in the backyard that keeps them safe from coyotes, hawks, owls, cars and abduction. It is made of chain link on the sides and overhead, contains trees, bushes, grass, etc., measures 12 x 60 feet, and is linked by a tunnel to a sunroom attached to the house. So they can go inside or "outside" on their own.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

John, you big softy! :D

You get all mushy with kids and cats. :D

17. Spyderchick

You should frickin' talk. :Poke::Poke::D

18. John29

Well, after Biaggi the cat got carried away by an owl and Hopper the cat got run over, Trudy was so upset I had to do something serious to avoid additional feline losses and associated trauma. Those cats are like kids to her (now that the actual kids are all grown up and out on their own). After I got the thing built, she added Nicky and Sete to the pack, as replacements.

19. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

My wifes cat has become the neighborhood cat. She goes and hangs out with random people all the time. Our old neighbor would let her in her house every morning and give her milk and play with her for an hour.

We got new neighbors last week. I got a knock on the door from the new guy wanting to know if this was my cat. Yes it is. He said he walked in his garage and went to the pisser and heard a meow. Went downstairs and there is our cat standing in front of his fridge screaming for her daily milk fix. He wasnt quite sure what to do but she was persistent so he gave her some.

I explained it to him, I dont think he's on the program.

20. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

That is an amazing setup! And having said that, do Rossi and Sete ever fight? I can picture Rossi just toying with Sete's mind with Sete only rarely getting one up on Rossi.