1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings GP Track Record

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Just for that, im going to get Caesar to attack you next time!

Eh, who am i kidding. I will be like "get 'em Caesar!" and he will just look at me like "you are kidding, right?" and then plop his lazy ass down on the ground. :crackup:

3. vrc

vrc Well-Known Member

Awesome job to you and Stefano :up:

4. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

You know sports in the US, have always been measure by statistics, , lap recors, bla bla bla, and evey organization has their own statistics, so if CCS do it , I like it, this country loves statistics, so if they don't damage knowbody, why not?...o by the way I did 1:15.682, and Im proud jajaja

5. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

You should be proud Santi. You were hauling ass. You have definitely stepped up your game this year. I've never met anyone who works as hard as you to become faster.

I started this thread because Jennings is my home track and I've been on the WERA board forever. I thought I had read some where in the past that someone did a 1:15 flat during a WERA round. Then I saw Henry's release and was a little confused.

Then the board did the rest.

Hope to see you soon.

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

We are not talking your 1/4 mile ET record :p

7. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

It wasn't a press release about a record. It was a press release about a race weekend that mentioned the guys who won the most races, who won the featured race and the fact that the lap times were the fastest seen at that track during a CCS weekend, which is all the CCS guys actually have control over as far as verification, etc.

(What I want to know is, was Martin there again and did he run another Mock Race against Gerloff or not? And WTF is a "mock" race anyway? Does it involve spectators holding up signs mocking various riders or what? And how does the bike know it's not in a "real" race? :D )

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought mock races were when you race around at night looking for beer and mocking those pits who didn't have any to share.

9. John29

Makes sense. But shouldn't "beer" be included in the title of the event then?:D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably but to most it just seems to be a given at the track :D

11. John29

Hear Yea, Hear Yea:

From this time forward, any organization holding any on-track event called a "mock race" shall be publicly mocked and fined one case of the brand of beer of Mongo's choice.

A race is either a race, or it is not a race.

That is all.

12. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Mock race = sex with no money shot

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

what if said race was never intended to run the distance and declare a winner (as WERA used to do I hear, for the new racer "mock" race). Is it still a race then?

14. John29

If a race doesn't "run the distance," when does it end?

When did WERA run a "mock race?"

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do actually call them mock races. They are 4 laps, for riders school students only to give them a non points/non trophy/non payout on track event to see all of the flags and race procedures.

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Not sure that is what it was officially called, but that is what I always heard the new racer school "race" at the end of saturday called. The "mock race". I never got a chance to run it, because I was the only student there LOL.

And from what I recall, it was scheduled to run say 8 laps, but was almost always red flagged arbitrarily just to see how the students reacted.

So if it was never intended to be finished, and "won" by someone, was it a race?

17. John29

OMG! You've been joining in the fun mocking "mock races" and it turns out that WERA holds "mock races?"

I think this calls for serious mocking!:D

(The damn things need a new name!)

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

HAH, I knew I was not insane (this time) :D

19. John29

That actually makes a certain amount of sense.

I obviously need to get out more, and pay attention to more than the calls for the F2 race!

Let the mock(rac)ing begin!

20. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

you guys probably already know this....but I think they call it a "mock" race for insurance reasons.

I can't decide if I hate Villa or love him. hahahahahaha