Boom. No more Fiat Sponsorship for Yamaha

Discussion in 'General' started by H8R, Jan 3, 2011.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fire sale a couple of those GSXR's and a RC30 to me :D

2. jiffyzx6

jiffyzx6 Well-Known Member

hahaha o god, if your up there please o please let Wal-mart put its name on the side of a yamaha... that way yamaha can get higher quality parts on roll back prices! rossi was the best thing to happen to that company... stupid yamaha's

3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Is a simple "Boom" the new !!!***BOMBSHELL***!!! or was this just not worthy of a !!!***BOMBSHELL***!!!!

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's not even worth a *** BEER FART!!!!***

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If you hadn't acquired so much stough , you wouldn't have to pay so much taxes.

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Cannoli, you're slippin'. A number 2 is a torpedo; a robusto is, well, a robusto.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm ashamed of myself... :(

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I've worked for Wal-Mart for nine years. If they sponsor anybody before they sponsor me there will be hell to pay. :D

As for FIAT, I remember reading something way back about Rossi being friends with one of the sons of the owners of the company. With Rossi gone from Yamaha, I'm not suprised FIAT left too.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  9. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

The advertising quality for a Nascar is amazing. It's a huge, clear and easy to read billboard. They've been in HD since the beginning and the camera crews do a quality job if keeping the camera on target and the tracks cater to slow panning.

Further the announcers and journalists do a great job of mentioning the sponsors and the apparel tie in creates a ton of branding opportunities.

Flip side is motorcycle racing, which is dedicated to the cult of personality around the racers and only a few teams actually create any value whatsoever for their sponsors. Fiat Yamaha was definitely one of them.

10. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

Nascar is pocket change compared to MotoGP sponsorship budgets.

I think FIAT initially sponsored yamaha because of Rossi.
    now Rossi is gone to Ducati, who is sponsored by the same company (Marlboro), that sponsors FIATs big name subsidiary, Ferrari (F1)... So really, besides the team being mostly italians which doesnt really count, with Yamaha being Japanese and Ben and Jorge not Italians, There was absolutely no reason to stay...

Yeah Lorenzo won, but Rossi is still all the buzz and still pulls but load of marketing power wherever he goes.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

OWN Yamaha. She can afford it.

12. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Rockstar signed Lorenzo to a personal deal. I don't think they'll be doing a team deal like Monster has at Tech 3.

13. snikwad

^ are they staying with Tech 3?

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Marlboro is US based (Phillip Morris). Where did Monster go? Did they follow Vale to Ducati? Monster was a sponsor of Spies on Tech3

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Monster is staying with Herve, but I'd guess so. Spies was not on a personal deal with Monster.

16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Gawd, if he starts tucking his ears in his hat, I'll burn his mf'n motorcycles to the ground. :D

17. snikwad

^ are u sure? i couldve sworn they were sponsoring him (wsbk - gp) and rossi and a few others before they picked up the tech 3 deal.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Maybe Haliburton will sponsor Spies :D

19. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Rockstar Yamaha MotoGP.

You heard it here first.

It's prolly wrong...but I'm the first damnit.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You think they'll just drill holes in the bottom of the cases?