1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the United States Military allows Muslims to join

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by annoying, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

PC - I won't argue on the some, a few, most.

But it cannot be argued that most kids are heavily influence by their parents views, their community, their environment.

I would even argue that there are very few that are actually strong enough to break away from the norm. Now those that do, they do it in style.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Can you imagine the fear in the hearts of a squad of enemy soldiers when they see a squad of our soldiers charging them while wearing pink tu tu's and carrying color matched weapons and backpacks? We could call them the "pink Brigade." Teaching them to scream like school girls might be a problem though. :)

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Orvis, some of your stereotypes are older than you.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

How about playing on what Orvis jokingly referred to?

Maybe San Francisco would welcome a gay Brigade?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hell with the gays, just let the taliwhackers know that the splitails are armed and PMSing!

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I am serious.

Would ROTC be allowed in Schools if DADT is repealed?

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Here ya go.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just how old is the pink stereotype?

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I have come to the conclusion that being openly gay in the military is frowned upon much like women being in combat is frowned upon mainly for one reason:

You don't mix business with pleasure, it's a distraction and it's apt to get someone (or multiple someones) killed.

Also, Men have male officers and women have female officers to try and circumvent conflict of interest occurrences within their ranks - you date your commander and you can kiss both of your careers goodbye if you start advancing.

I have no idea where I stand on this issue, I do know that I could care less what you stick where - it doesn't matter if Jimmy pokes Timmy on Friday nights...the same would apply if Jimmy pokes Theresa on Friday nights should Timmy or Theresa start climbing the ranks or end up in the same fox hole as Jimmy.

And don't give me a bunch of bs about you being perfectly sane in the middle of a battlefield with your lover out there with you. You wouldn't.

11. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Really????

Prove to me that being gay is not a choice? I want unbiased proof!!!!

I call BS on your claim! Why because I know first hand people who have gone both ways ie started with same sex and then went to opposite sex and has remained there ever since. So how does that work with you THEORY?

Good luck Hi Speed:rolleyes:

12. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Most of them are or they are applying for US citizenship. I know an a guy who joined the US Army who worked as an interpreter for me in Iraq.

They are good guys that love the US and appreciate what the US did for them.

13. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

Your correct, if fraternization occurs in the military both parties involved get punished equally.

I am in a combat MOS (Job) and all the people in my unit are men (all straight i assume:crackup:), i have not worked with a female Marine before. The reason that women are not allowed to be in combat MOS' is because they lack the physical ability to accomplish various missions, and also because most men in the military would loose focus on mission accomplishment in combat if they saw women being killed in an attempt to save them.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Geriatypes....

15. CausticYarn

They said women lacked the physical ability to be firefighters too...yet here I am, and I have to pass the same test all the men do - I wouldn't do it if I couldn't pass the same test that the men do either, it pisses me off that women demand easier physical tests to become firefighters. That puts people's lives at risk.

but, I agree more with the second part of your statement than the first though...and I think it can be applied to being openly gay as well: No matter who you are boning - if you were in a combat situation with them, your concentration would not be completely on the mission.

16. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

17. CausticYarn

18. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Funny because I saw things go the other way during some training. Women were being effected more by a male being treated poorly in a certain circumstance.

Just because fraternization is illegal doesn't mean it still doesn't happen! There is a reason why they sell condoms at FOB's in Iraq. Every time a female gets pregnant we loose a soldier who will not be replaced in the theater of operations for the duration of that units tour for the most part!

19. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

the physical strength thing is more of a "per capita" notion. I dont doubt there there are PLENTY of women able to complete the standards required of men in the Marines, but per capita they can not, and do not have the strength, thus they have less demanding standards. Unfortunately there are some males that can not meet the requirement either:Puke:

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah, but they're all cowards... :Poke: