Would You Vote For Him..?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hammer 4, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

2. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Honestly, yes I would. I believe Gingrich to be very level headed overall in his governmental beliefs. Much moreso than most any others than we currently have. Intelligent, articulate, and to me, seems more centrist than many Republicans now. Personally, I think he would be a very good choice as long as he wasn't ruined by a terrible choice for vice president.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Nope.

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Yes. However I feel he's been around a long time and a lot of folks have their hands in his pockets. I worry about that.

5. mr fatback

mr fatback Well-Known Member

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Too much baggage. Maybe as VP.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

He should crawl into the same hole he was hiding in all the while Bush Jr. was calling the shots.

On an unrelated note, just saw a commercial for a new daytime show on Fox starring...Mike Huckabee. :Puke:

I'm no fan of Bush and Cheney, but I give them props for essentially shutting the fuck up and fading into the sunset.

8. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Somehow, I am still a Republican and I would NEVER, EVER vote for Newt....EVER.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I agree on Bush keeping low key as is tradition prior to Carter. Since then Clinton has also run on long after he should have been quite and I think the O will put all previous presidents to shame. With his narcissism and the medias willingness to support it I figure he will be on more than the next president.

However Newt was not president he was a Congressman and served as Speaker for 4 years. I see no tradition of them stopping with many seeking Senate or Executive positions (I think one Speaker went on to the Supreme Court also).

That said no I would not vote for him.

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

It all depends on who he is up against?

11. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

I'd vote for him twice if I could, he's a brilliant guy who been around politics for a long time. Like his views or not most people consider him to be very astute.
    Defining our enemy for what they are, covert ops to damage them, cutting taxes, shrinking government, balanced budgets with Clinton whats not to like?
    Also he created the contract with America, and when they were put in power they stuck to what they promised.

12. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

+1. Even though I'm not a "centrist" (Rush Limbaugh is way too liberal for me :)) Everything I have ever heard out of Mr. Gingrich has been reasonable and well thought out. Even when I wanted him to be mad and ranting, he was calm, collected, and never said a word that wasn't insightful. I really wanted him to run last time.

13. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

1. Newt is a highly intelligent guy and amazingly well founded in the Constitution as it was written and intended.

2.He doesn't seem to react to political climates and circumstances - rather he takes the same standpoint throughout the 20 yrs I've heard him speak. I can't stand politicians who blow around with whatever the polls and media say. For his he has my respect.

3. I have some issues with his personal life, but that goes for most politicians.

I would suggest his detractors listen to his points of view, and especially why he believes what he believes. To me, that is more important that what a person believes, because it indicates the way they make decisions.

Yes, I would vote for Newt.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

15. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

Yeah i dont get that nonsense, yet it shows he has thoughts beyond right wing talking points. He also has worked with Rev. Al on some crap (dont remember what now)

In 2008 Gingrich was saying that real debates need to happen, where you set aside 2-4 hours and just talk to each other. He says the presidency is cheapened by candidates standing on stage waiting like a trained seal for the question with a 1 minute time limit and 30 seconds to respond.

Lincoln Douglas at Cooper Union was the great event he'd cite whenever talking about an open free wheeling forum to look at as an example. Gotta say though that Obama will never, ever allow such a thing to happen. Gingrich would have to almost shame him into it.

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Hell Yeah

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If he were runnin' against Palin, yep. Otherwise, nope.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Dubya has been quiet, but Dick? Not so much.

Awright, lately he has but he sent out his daughter...:D

19. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

FUCK.

Got me with that...In that case I'd vote for him.

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Absolutely not. He was a career DC by until he got caught being really stupid. There's no way I would put him back into the system. He is just another one of the guys that was part of the problem.